Closed

Virtu MVP and dual monitors

Does anyone know if Virtu MVP works with dual monitors? Also, if I'm gaming on one and surfing on another, will Virtu use the IGP for the surfing and the discrete card for the gaming? I'm assuming i-mode connection for both monitors. My email to Lucidlogix hasn't been returned in a while, so I'm turning to you good folk for the help :)
4 answers Last reply
More about virtu dual monitors
  1. Hello,

I have an ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard, Intel 2500k CPU, MSI HD6870 videocard, dual monitors and use Lucid Virtu. I haven't found very much info out there for this configuration on the web. I played around with my setup and found this to work in my case. I connected my primary monitor via DVI on my HD6870 and connected my secondary monitor via VGA to the ASRock Z68 VGA port. I have played FSX, Crysis 2, Dirt 2 and seen great performance. But, I have no idea how Virtu is handling the video processing, it just works. I enabled the IGP and multi-monitor support in my UFEI. I couldn't be happier with my setup and performance. I play games on the primary monitor and use Win 7 system monitoring gadgets on the secondary monitor. While using FSX on my primary, I use PlanG (a moving map/flight plan software) on the secondary with no problems. I don't know if this will help answer your question, but I thought my experience with Virtu and dual-monitors might get you going.

Good luck :sol:
  2. This is an interesting question. There is not very much on the web about the performance of Virtu in multitasking situations. I will try to do some benchmarking soon
  3. cdalvis said:
    Hello,

I have an ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 motherboard, Intel 2500k CPU, MSI HD6870 videocard, dual monitors and use Lucid Virtu. I haven't found very much info out there for this configuration on the web. I played around with my setup and found this to work in my case. I connected my primary monitor via DVI on my HD6870 and connected my secondary monitor via VGA to the ASRock Z68 VGA port. I have played FSX, Crysis 2, Dirt 2 and seen great performance. But, I have no idea how Virtu is handling the video processing, it just works. I enabled the IGP and multi-monitor support in my UFEI. I couldn't be happier with my setup and performance. I play games on the primary monitor and use Win 7 system monitoring gadgets on the secondary monitor. While using FSX on my primary, I use PlanG (a moving map/flight plan software) on the secondary with no problems. I don't know if this will help answer your question, but I thought my experience with Virtu and dual-monitors might get you going.

Good luck :sol:

Are you using Virtue i-mode or d-mode? It sort of has to be i-mode since you can use the integrated gfx as well.

Thanks
    Wuhtzu
  4. take a look at the official website:
    http://www.lucidlogix.com/technology-virtual-graphics.html

i guess the power saving wont work anymore once u connect something to 2nd gpu

i plan on connecting 4 displays
    hope it will work, only a few days left :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming Dual Monitors Graphics