Guys i need help now

geldidram7

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I recently made an update on my pc ,i bought new mobo(gigabyte b75m-d3h) and a new cpu (i3 3220) i connected all the cables but next to cpu is a 8 pin connector and says ATX_12V_2x4 but i have only one 4 pin and when i start the pc nothing happens

please i need your help desperately

keithmfr

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
Even if you buy that extender, you won't be getting the correct power that your CPU needs. If you don't plan on stressing it too much, get the extender. But I wouldn't recommend it. Don't cheap out on a build. Buy a good power supply with plenty of headroom.

geldidram7

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
i dont know man i just looked another thread like mine he put the 4 pin connector on the 8 pin without molex and it woked maybe it is a front ppanel problem i dont know

It should at least turn the fans. Test the board without the graphics card (use the onboard). There's a test for power supplies (using a paper clip): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXgQSokF4.
Check also the connections of the power cables and of the front panel switches. If unsure how to connect them, check the manual.

geldidram7

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
No it doesnt do anything ,but i have problem with front panel connectors i haven't connected these cables:
Message/power/sleep led
chassis intrussion header
Speaker
SPDIF_O(S/PDIF Out Header)
F_USB30(USB3.0/2.0 Header)
F_USB 1/2(USB2.0/1.1 Headers)

The power supply has a ATX 20+4 pin and a 4-pin CPU connector. Connect the 20+4 to the board's 24 pin connector and the 4-pin to the corresponding board's one. Connect a case fan to the molex or to the board's header. Connect the power switch to the board's connector. No other connections (disconect all other cables). Start the board. The fans should start spinning.

No, Romania. You'll check if the power supply powers the board (fans start spinning). You can find some tutorials regarding motherboard installation on Youtube. If you don't have the board's manual, I can provide a link.