Im still confused about 2.0 vs 3.0 PCI express. I currently have a GTX680 on a P6X58D-E mother board with i7930. I am using a Dell U2711 monitor. (rest of my system specs are on my tag)
1) Is my motherboard and CPU potentially bottlenecking my GTX680?
2) Whats the difference between x8 or x16?
3) Will having it in x8 bottleneck or will having it x16 bottle it?
4) How can I tell if I installed it x8 or x 16?
5) If I SLI in the future will it bottleneck?
6) Or am I just going crazy and neither x8 or x 16 will be bottlenecked and I should just stop posting this topic and just enjoy my system?
7)And any benchmarks between single/dual GTX680 on 2.0 PCI vs 3.0 PCI mobos?
Please bare with me as I'm learning as much as I can.
I was acutally thinking about that. I'm currently using a X25-M 80gig SSD which I have been using since the build. I just built a system for my friend and got a Crucial 128gig. It feels so much faster and smoother. And I already did a clean install on my SSD.
You guys are just giving me more of a reason to upgrade =)