Sign in with
Your question

Coolermaster air vs water cooler

Last response: in Components
November 8, 2012 6:47:04 PM

Coolermaster hyper 212 plus or coolermaster seidon 120m water cooler any other good water coolers good for under 80

More about : coolermaster air water cooler

November 8, 2012 6:58:35 PM

Hyper 212+ > Seidon 120MM.

Seidon 120MM is basically the same thing as an H60. Knowing that information, H60's only cool 1-2C better than the Hyper 212...that's not enough to justify the HUGE gap in price.
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:06:20 PM

mocchan said:
Hyper 212+ > Seidon 120MM.

Seidon 120MM is basically the same thing as an H60. Knowing that information, H60's only cool 1-2C better than the Hyper 212...that's not enough to justify the HUGE gap in price.

Also for my new build i hear all the rucus on how to apply thermal patse should i do the line method before i did the cred it card method now i hear newer ways help cooler
m
l
Related resources
November 8, 2012 7:12:26 PM

I personally use the pea method. I found that spreading gave me temperatures that were 2-3C higher than I normally saw (Maybe ambient increases).

Regardless, as long as you aren't overheating or don't apply too much, any method is fine.
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:14:57 PM

mocchan said:
I personally use the pea method. I found that spreading gave me temperatures that were 2-3C higher than I normally saw (Maybe ambient increases).

Regardless, as long as you aren't overheating or don't apply too much, any method is fine.

Great last question you think its worth $40 to upgrade from an 8320 to 8450 on amazon is there performance extra or just higher clock speed
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:17:46 PM

What is your budget for your entire rig? It would depend on a few things.

1) Will getting the FX-8320 allow you to purchase a beefier GPU? If so, get this CPU

2) If purchasing the FX-8350 will STILL allow you to purchase a beefy GPU, then get this CPU.

From a few forum members, its been shown that the FX-8320 doesn't overclock as high as the FX-8350. If you're looking for maximum performance (overclocking wise), then 8350 is obviously your choice. If you're looking for a budget-friendly 'good enough' type of rig, then the FX-8320 will be more than sufficient. You could most likely be able to hit at least 4.5Ghz with both of these chips anyway.
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:19:18 PM

mocchan said:
What is your budget for your entire rig? It would depend on a few things.

1) Will getting the FX-8320 allow you to purchase a beefier GPU? If so, get this CPU

2) If purchasing the FX-8350 will STILL allow you to purchase a beefy GPU, then get this CPU.

From a few forum members, its been shown that the FX-8320 doesn't overclock as high as the FX-8350. If you're looking for maximum performance (overclocking wise), then 8350 is obviously your choice. If you're looking for a budget-friendly 'good enough' type of rig, then the FX-8320 will be more than sufficient. You could most likely be able to hit at least 4.5Ghz with both of these chips anyway.

Im not gonna overclock much if at all. I already bought the saphire 7950 so i got the money for either or but shipping wise its gonna take a week for the 50 to come
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:21:20 PM

If you aren't overclocking, the FX-8350 will give you more performance out of the box. Though, why don't you consider the i5's? They're the same price point for significantly more gaming performance.

If you're doing a lot of rendering, then disregard what my recommendation.
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:27:13 PM

mocchan said:
If you aren't overclocking, the FX-8350 will give you more performance out of the box. Though, why don't you consider the i5's? They're the same price point for significantly more gaming performance.

If you're doing a lot of rendering, then disregard what my recommendation.

I did condier the i5 but "8 cores" for epsame price as a quad seems appealing and gaming isnt much of a high heel witht he i5 few fos higher no biggie
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:30:30 PM

For a rendering machine, the FX-83XX chips will right down smack the i5 out of the way. For gaming, the i5 will smack the FX-83XX chips out of the way.

Either way, they're both decent; your choice :) 
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:47:24 PM

Like I said previously, your choice :)  They're both decent CPU's.
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:47:50 PM

mocchan said:
For a rendering machine, the FX-83XX chips will right down smack the i5 out of the way. For gaming, the i5 will smack the FX-83XX chips out of the way.

Either way, they're both decent; your choice :) 

It wont really smack the 83xx out of the way it will be higher rated for games but if you dont count fps youre not gonna see much lag
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:48:57 PM

mocchan said:
Like I said previously, your choice :)  They're both decent CPU's.

Yes. Plus the am3+ is future compatible
m
l
!