Sign in with
Your question

Mechanical keyboard?

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
November 8, 2012 7:38:01 PM

I was thinking of buying a mechanical keyboard. I really like the das keyboard. But at 130 it's a bit expensive and a little out of budget. Another Keyboard I was looking at was a coolermaster quickfire rapid. Is the das keyboard worth an extra 45 bucks? I wouldn't be able to get a das as soon as I would the coolermaster. I am also open to other mechanical keyboard suggestions. I like the Cherry Mx blue switches.

(links)
das
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Coolermaster
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : mechanical keyboard

November 8, 2012 7:44:51 PM

^ +1

I personally use the Black Widow Ultimate. It's not half-bad; especially if you get the non-backlit version ($80). Quite a nice value for a MX-Blue switch keyboard :) 

I'm not sure if the 2013 models still use Blues or not but I know they got rid of the Glossy finish.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
November 8, 2012 7:56:41 PM

I'm not interested in razer's. I've heard that they are cheap built. And I know three people that had one and they all crapped out after a year.
m
l
November 8, 2012 7:57:51 PM

I've had mine for over a year and a half and I'm still experiencing zero problems :) 
m
l
November 8, 2012 8:02:51 PM

I highly dislike Razor's build.

If you want a cheaper keyboard that's as well built as Das (it actually has the same reference manufacturer as the legendary Ducky keyboards), go with a Leopold.

I have a completely blank full Leopold with MX Browns, and I LOVE it to death.
m
l
Anonymous
November 8, 2012 8:02:54 PM

Still not interested in razors. And what about other switches. I've never used anything but blues how are the brown blacks and reds. I type as much as I game. I like the sound of the blues but I heard that the browns were smoother and crisper.
m
l
November 8, 2012 8:07:33 PM

I personally dislike Browns...The actual tactile feel of the switch is very light so they remind me (somewhat) of Reds, which I personally dislike.
m
l
Anonymous
November 8, 2012 8:09:26 PM

DarkSable said:
I highly dislike Razor's build.

If you want a cheaper keyboard that's as well built as Das (it actually has the same reference manufacturer as the legendary Ducky keyboards), go with a Leopold.

I have a completely blank full Leopold with MX Browns, and I LOVE it to death.

I can't find the leopold on newegg. do they have a website? Are they only in europe?
m
l
Anonymous
November 8, 2012 8:17:04 PM

I really want to stick to wither the coolermaster or the das. Any price in between is not ideal. Considering I could basicallly buy one now. If I have to wait to get one I'll just shell out a few extra bucks concidering I'll have to wait anyways and buy a das.
m
l
!