Help me find CPU cooler that fits, i5 2500k

tacodisco

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Hello,

I recently installed new rig for myself and my current i5 2500k stock cooler seems to bother me, at gaming on high settings temperature goes to around 58-62, so i wanted to try changing a Cooler.
Reading reviews i found that people are extremely happy running Cooler Master Hyper 212 on i5 2500k.

But the problem is, Hyper212 won't fit in my case ( probably, not sure... ) :(
Case dimensions :
width: 175 mm
length: 350 mm
height: 410 mm

Or will it fit, has anyone done that on small mATX cases?

So considering the size, i'm trying to find a good CPU cooler that will fit my case and need your help finding it xD
Basically i don't want to buy cheapest Cooler i can get to get same CPU temps like on my Stock one.

Could anyone suggest me something please

tacodisco

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Colorovo AX-201, i didn't add it since i thought it won't be any help because i added dimensions ;p

Budget for cooler would be around 50 euros i guess :)

socialfox

Distinguished
Well there may be a chance it will fit if you don't have cable management. I have a Cooler Master Elite 350 (crappy case :lol:) and its width is 180mm and it fits. . Either way if you want a guaranteed fit then go for the Cooler Master Hyper TX-3 Evo/or just the normal one. It is smaller and will fit for sure and have great temperatures compared to the stock cooler.

Edit: Mocchan has posted a much better cooler but if your wanting to save a lot of money for stock clocks then no harm done getting the TX-3. You will get better temps with the cooler he has provided though compared to the TX-3 but the TX-3 will do a better job than the stock cooler.

tacodisco

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Okay thanks alot guys ;p I've read some reviews on TX3 EVO and it seems pretty okay :)

Will order it right now and check the difference on temperatures in few days ^ ^. Oh and the 2nd cooler you mentioned, sadly the Hole i live in doesn't have any of that on sales, our shops are currently offering only TX3 EVO not even then usual TX3 :)

socialfox

Distinguished
Well no harm done in getting the EVO, I believe its a better version compared to the normal one by 1-3 degrees or something like that.

Edit: Hahah, beaten to answer that. So yes pretty much what Mocchan has said.

socialfox

Distinguished
Well I did try hide the ugliness by installing a Blue Led fan for my intake so it wouldn't look to bad, then I just went crazy on led lights and put it in the case. Still looks ugly because of the grill design in front of the fan, it sure blocks a lot of the light from the case.

tacodisco

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Thanks for advice guys,

Finally got my TX3 EVO today, so far very very happy with it :
Idle is about 28C and during gaming session ( Maxed out Ultra/High settings ) it doesn't go over 50C, stays around ~45C

Latest posts