Help me find CPU cooler that fits, i5 2500k

Hello,

I recently installed new rig for myself and my current i5 2500k stock cooler seems to bother me, at gaming on high settings temperature goes to around 58-62, so i wanted to try changing a Cooler.
Reading reviews i found that people are extremely happy running Cooler Master Hyper 212 on i5 2500k.

But the problem is, Hyper212 won't fit in my case ( probably, not sure... ) :(
Case dimensions :
width: 175 mm
length: 350 mm
height: 410 mm

Or will it fit, has anyone done that on small mATX cases?

So considering the size, i'm trying to find a good CPU cooler that will fit my case and need your help finding it xD
Basically i don't want to buy cheapest Cooler i can get to get same CPU temps like on my Stock one.

Could anyone suggest me something please
16 answers Last reply
More about help find cooler fits 2500k
  1. What model is your case? That would help us a lot :lol:

Also, what is your budget? This is a huge factor on what we can recommend.
  2. Colorovo AX-201, i didn't add it since i thought it won't be any help because i added dimensions ;p

Budget for cooler would be around 50 euros i guess :)
  3. My apologies :lol: I was lazy to convert that into inches.

The NH-L12 is a great CPU cooler that will fit in almost any case :) It's $70 USD which is right around 54 euros.
  4. Well there may be a chance it will fit if you don't have cable management. I have a Cooler Master Elite 350 (crappy case :lol:) and its width is 180mm and it fits. . Either way if you want a guaranteed fit then go for the Cooler Master Hyper TX-3 Evo/or just the normal one. It is smaller and will fit for sure and have great temperatures compared to the stock cooler.

Edit: Mocchan has posted a much better cooler but if your wanting to save a lot of money for stock clocks then no harm done getting the TX-3. You will get better temps with the cooler he has provided though compared to the TX-3 but the TX-3 will do a better job than the stock cooler.
  5. ^ +1 to TX-3

It's a very modest cooler and it'll get the job done. My solution is just a bit more expensive and well...yeah, it's just more expensive :lol:
  6. mocchan said:
    ^ +1 to TX-3

It's a very modest cooler and it'll get the job done. My solution is just a bit more expensive and well...yeah, it's just more expensive :lol:

Tell me doesn't this just burn your eyes :lol:
    http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6629

I am ashamed of buying this computer case. :( But then again I was real tight on money.
  7. Okay thanks alot guys ;p I've read some reviews on TX3 EVO and it seems pretty okay :)

Will order it right now and check the difference on temperatures in few days ^ ^. Oh and the 2nd cooler you mentioned, sadly the Hole i live in doesn't have any of that on sales, our shops are currently offering only TX3 EVO not even then usual TX3 :)
  8. Well no harm done in getting the EVO, I believe its a better version compared to the normal one by 1-3 degrees or something like that.

Edit: Hahah, beaten to answer that. So yes pretty much what Mocchan has said.
  9. TX3 EVO is actually the new and more 'refined' version :) So at least you have that! ;)
  10. socialfox said:

I am ashamed of buying this computer case. :( But then again I was real tight on money.

Oh heck, it's not that bad LOL! I'm just using a generic HP case for my HTPC...now that's just a shame.
  11. socialfox said:

Well mine is even worse ;p
    Back when i was preparing to build my first system, i didn't really of Case, i just choose the cheapest and best looking one hehe
  12. Well I did try hide the ugliness by installing a Blue Led fan for my intake so it wouldn't look to bad, then I just went crazy on led lights and put it in the case. Still looks ugly because of the grill design in front of the fan, it sure blocks a lot of the light from the case.
  13. LOL! Pimped out budget case ;)

Though, I think we all start out with a very "bare bones" case :lol: My first case was the Rosewill Blackbone.
  14. Ahaha, will definitely get a much better case once I save up for my new intel build. My case fans in my current case is worth more than the case itself :lol:
  15. LOL!
  16. Thanks for advice guys,

Finally got my TX3 EVO today, so far very very happy with it :
    Idle is about 28C and during gaming session ( Maxed out Ultra/High settings ) it doesn't go over 50C, stays around ~45C
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Cooling Cases Intel i5 Components