HIS HD 4870 Upgrade Help?

kupecraig

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Hi,

I'm look to upgrade my HIS HD4870 which i have enjoyed for about 3 years. Unfortunately I didn't take very good care of it and it is now failing.

I have been looking at an ASUS GeForce ENGTX560 DCII, however im unsure weather this will work with my current system. I have a AMD Phenom 2 X4 940 Processor, and a Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H Motherboard. My power supply is 650w.

Would this set up work for me or would I be safer getting the similarly priced Radeon HD6870, or something else entirely?

Any help would be appreciated.

kupecraig

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Well, It has been very loud on start up for a long time. I did have a lot of dust build up. I started getting graphics drivers have stopped working messages (I keep the drivers up to date generally). So I opened up the case and the heat sink was packed full of dust, so I gave it a good through clean.
The messages stopped for a while, then they sated again and I started getting graphic errors appearing on my monitor, mostly lines or blocks on start up then speckled patterns on the screen. Just resetting would fix this.
Now its progressed to the graphics errors are so bad it looks like static on a tv but set in place, and resetting wont often fix the problem.
I just want to have it fixed before Diablo 3 comes out, so I'm not to concerned about spending money on an upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS