hombrewdude

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005
I am usually good with this stuff....

I am trying to find out what CPU is in my PC.
I built it myself sometime ago, but forgot what chip I put in it.

It is AMD 2800+ 366 FSB
I thought it was an Athlon

How can I tell if it is AthlonXP or Sempron??

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
just get a simple software like a diagnostic software... like a sandrasoft or something.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
LiteOn 52X/LiteOn 811s DVD-RW
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Yeah I told him about CPU Z but he ignored me because I'm only and "old hand" maybe he'll listen to the Gigolo.

<font color=orange>Anything good in life is either illegal immoral or fattening<font color=orange>

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
holy crap drunky... have you been spamming the "Other" forum, or are you just posting that much now. Good to see you posting though, you add alot to this forum.

And on a side note, are you getting mad at me always calling you drunk, or nicknaming you drunky? (Please be careful with your answer to this question, as you may just provoke me)

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
No man I know you're cool, and I don't think you're trying to be offensive. I haven't spammed but I go to the OTHER sometimes and jump in the conversations just for fun.
There are some funny guys there. =)

<font color=orange>Anything good in life is either illegal immoral or fattening<font color=orange>

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
They are pretty crazy... I will often go down and have a look, but I only talk on occasion. I'm trying to save myself the embarrasment of being covered in man-goo.

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Yeah they should put a sign that says.
BEWARE OF THE WINGY

RichPLS

Champion
There is not sparing the humilition, you are covered in it!

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
That sign should say, Beware, Wingy enters through the rear!

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>