Best am3+ upgrade from a 965 BE

I have a 965 black edition (oc 3.7ghz) which has served me very well but I think it may be time to upgrade. What is the best chip I can get for the am3/am3+ socket? fx-4170? or should I wait and save a bit more and just buy a new MOBO and go intel? Should I wait for something new coming out soon? Thanks for any input!

Solution
For gaming, you are not going to notice a lot of difference in most games. Even if you go with an intel. (Take it from a guy that upgraded from an Phenom X6 @3.4Ghz to a 2600k @4Ghz.)

The graphics card is doing most of the heavy lifting and that's where your gaming money should focus.

Now if you are rendering movies and using other highly threaded applications, an FX 8320 would be a great upgrade.

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
For gaming, you are not going to notice a lot of difference in most games. Even if you go with an intel. (Take it from a guy that upgraded from an Phenom X6 @3.4Ghz to a 2600k @4Ghz.)

The graphics card is doing most of the heavy lifting and that's where your gaming money should focus.

Now if you are rendering movies and using other highly threaded applications, an FX 8320 would be a great upgrade.

Solution