HELP! Graphics Card is not displaying

bprocell002

Honorable
May 20, 2012
I just built my new system on sat. When I connect my vga to the on-board graphics the computer works perfectly but when i try to install the graphics card i get no display on the moniter. I have disabled my intel graphics then tried the graphics card and there was nothing I have tried a antec vp450watt and a 600watt psu and still nothing. I am starting to believe that the graphics card is broke but I want to make sure. I bought it online on amazon used but the seller has agreed to let me return the item.

The graphics card is a Sapphire radeon hd 6850. Also i have tried a moniter with a vga/dvi convertor and hdmi to vizio and no display.

My computer specs are:

Intel core i-3 2120
biostar H61MGC
Antec vp450watt
Kingston hyberx blu 4gb(2x2) 1333
westeren digital caviar blue 500GB
asus dvd 24x drive
windows 7 64bit home premium

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Solution
G
if you want to do that, ok but it seems you have a 99.9% chance the card needs replaced.
but hey, maybe the shop will find something that got overlooked.
did you connect the 6 pin pic power to the top of the card?? can you see the card fan moving?? did you install your mb chipset drivers?? if you did not the pci bus wont work right.
PCI Express Port make sure it turned on..if the card fan is moving try changing the pci device support 1.0 to on and see if the card turns on if not turn that setting to off.

bprocell002

Honorable
May 20, 2012
i went to my computer properties, then device manager, clicked display adaptors then right clicked intel hd graphics and it gives the option to desable.

This was my first build so I am really new at all of this. I'm happy that everything is working on my intel graphics but it is just frustrating i have this 6850 graphics card and can't get it to work.

G

ah, i was asking the OP.

G

oh ok. that does nothing.

did you go in to your BIOS and set the PCI Express graphics as default. and did you try to "Force Gen 1"?

bprocell002

Honorable
May 20, 2012
In my bios i have advaned settings with categories pci subsystem settings, ACPI settings/wakeup event control, cpu configuration, sata configuration, usb configuration, smart fan control , supoer io configuration, h/w monitor.

Then i have chipset with categories north bridge, south bridge, onboard pci-e devices.

Also have,

Boot
Security
Perforance.

im on my labtop with bios up on my desktop

G

Chipset Menu- North Bridge-Initiate Graphic Adapter - PEG/PCI
then
IGD Multi-Monitor

go to

PCI Express Port - Enabled

and

PEG Force GEN1 - Enabled

G

if you want to do that, ok but it seems you have a 99.9% chance the card needs replaced.
but hey, maybe the shop will find something that got overlooked.

Solution

bprocell002

Honorable
May 20, 2012

That 99.9% chance turned out true the card was bad.