Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Scary buzzing noise HELP!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 8, 2012 5:05:40 AM

I have a Gigabyte 6870OC, and I noticed that it makes this pretty loud buzzing noise whenever im playing a graphic intensive game (BF3, first noted in BlackLight Retribution). I thought it was the Hdd at first because there relitively close, but ive been getting no errors with seagate's sea tools.

Any idea what this might be and how i can fix it?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13389712/Memo.m4a

More about : scary buzzing noise

a c 254 U Graphics card
May 8, 2012 5:11:14 AM

I wonder if it's the fan? Is there any problems with the game video ? Is the card continueing to show the game with no issues besides that noise?
m
0
l
a c 153 U Graphics card
May 8, 2012 5:13:26 AM

Are you sure its not the PSU? That is an odd noise, haven't heard that one before.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 8, 2012 5:27:52 AM

inzone said:
I wonder if it's the fan? Is there any problems with the game video ? Is the card continueing to show the game with no issues besides that noise?


I havent really noticed any tearing or anything, it just buzzes once i play for about 10 minutes. i tried to take a look and see if anything was touching the fans or anything but all i hear is the noise with no visual evidence of what it might be...

Quote:
Are you sure its not the PSU? That is an odd noise, haven't heard that one before.


Yeah im pretty sure its not the PSU, is coming from either the end of my graphics card or my HDD
m
0
l
a c 185 U Graphics card
May 8, 2012 5:29:58 AM

Helltech said:
Are you sure its not the PSU? That is an odd noise, haven't heard that one before.

+1 i think it's the PSU or it the hard drive :( 
m
0
l
May 8, 2012 5:40:42 AM

bigcyco1 said:
+1 i think it's the PSU or it the hard drive :( 


im pretty sure its not the PSU though, cause its coming from closer to the HDD bays, not the back bottom of the case were the psu is
m
0
l
May 8, 2012 5:51:33 AM

could be the video card fan try setting it manually
m
0
l
a c 185 U Graphics card
May 8, 2012 6:04:19 AM

jacobxtyler said:
im pretty sure its not the PSU though, cause its coming from closer to the HDD bays, not the back bottom of the case were the psu is
o.k. well i honestly don't know :(  but hopefully someone on here will be able to help you better than i can
m
0
l
May 8, 2012 6:12:12 AM

marco324 said:
could be the video card fan try setting it manually


Ill try that tomorrow, what do you think i should set it too? (% wise)
m
0
l
October 8, 2013 2:46:28 PM

I just realized i never came back and said that i am a fool. It was a heat sensor on my motherboard telling me that temps were "too high".
m
0
l
!