Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Setting up my case

Last response: in Components
November 9, 2012 12:12:04 AM

Hey everyone, I have got my computer build together and now plan on looking into setting up my case for optimal airflow and such.

My case is a Rosewill Challener

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

My build is
z77x-UD3H gigabyte mobo
i5-3570k
g skill 4g
7950 Gigabyte GPU.

I am currently using all of the stock fans that come with the case and this CPU cooler Enermax ETS-T40 T.B.SILENCE CPU Cooler

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Now here is what I plan on doing. First of all I will be replacing the noise fan in my PSU (Rosewill D600 stallion edition) with a better one. But I also want to add another 140mm into the 5.25 x3 bays on the front.

My real question is should I cover the holes in my side panel? Will this create a better airflow coming from the front then exhausting out the top/back of my case? Also would it be worth replacing the fans that came with the case. They seem to work fairly well as it is.

I don't have the option of mounting a side fan because my CPU cooler is massive and barely fits as it is. I could mount a fan on the outside of the case, but it would look kind of ghetto xD.

More about : setting case

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 9, 2012 12:17:02 AM

Unfortunately, I am not too sure if your case will be compatible with a 140MM fan. I've owned a Rosewill Blackbone in the future (brother has it now) and it only has a mount for a 120MM fan.

From my personal experience, covering the holes in the side won't provide better airflow, but will make your internal ambient temperatures a little bit hotter :)  I would just leave it as is! (Though, you might want to cover it up with a bit of mesh..I remember this was my primary intake of dust when I used the Blackbone :lol: 

November 9, 2012 12:31:20 AM

Yeah as far as a mount go I will end up just using DIY stuff. I know it fits it is just a matter of setting it up right. I measured and I have about 149-150mm of width.
Score
November 16, 2012 12:22:09 PM

Best answer selected by uberperson.
Score
!