Sign in with
Your question

Best Headset

Last response: in Components
November 9, 2012 1:00:23 AM

Hello all,

I am looking to buy a new headset as my current Turtle Beach X11s have pretty much died. This is going to be a headset for the PC so, I won't be going back to Turtle Beach, in my opinion, they're products now are made of lower quality materials. I have really 4 headsets in mind, as well as the wireless equivalent for 2 of the headsets. My options are:

- ATH AD700 w/ an AntLion ModMic attached

- Corsair Vengeance 1500(Wired) or 2000(Wireless)

- Logitech G35(Wired) or G930(Wireless)

- SteelSeries Siberia V2

- Or other reccomendation

My budget is $150 excluding shipping and I want a mic and headphones or just a headset.

[EDIT: Added Siberia V2 and fixed the repeat of first line]

More about : headset

November 9, 2012 1:48:16 AM

Pewr said:
I recommend the Astro A40, however you would need a sound card with Dolby Digital Live for 7.1 http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-headset-astro-edition

Those are a bit out of budget, I have actually looked into those before.

P.S. sorry about the typo in the thread where the first line is there twice. I am doing this on my phone right now and an ad was in the way.
m
l
Related resources
November 9, 2012 9:37:06 AM

bigcyco1 said:
No it's from another member on the forum he wrote this http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=w...

I've been told on a few occasions, and from researching, the Corsair's are highly recommended and better than at least a few of those headsets. That's just with research and a few friends' opinions. I think those Siberia's are kinda groing on me, they are said to be VERY comfortable. So, within budget($150) what would you personnaly recommend? Items on my list(original post) or other?
m
l
November 9, 2012 9:55:01 AM

Heaphones and a mic blow away "Gaming" headsets. I have sennheiser hd598 and a blue snowball but that antlion looks great.
m
l
November 9, 2012 10:04:12 AM

darth pravus said:
Heaphones and a mic blow away "Gaming" headsets. I have sennheiser hd598 and a blue snowball but that antlion looks great.

Yeah, the AD700s are my first option. Any idea if the ModMic is good quality?

I was thinking if I got a decent pair of headphones, like the AD700s, I could upgrade to a better mic like a Blue Yeti or Snowball in a year or so.
m
l
November 9, 2012 12:14:30 PM

I think I'm gonna go with the ATH-AD700s w/ AntLion ModMic and later on get an Astro MixAmp
m
l
November 9, 2012 2:14:49 PM

^^ Good choice on the ATH-AD700; I'm using the ATH-M50 myself right now, and its a very good headset.

You might save a bit of money though by getting a soundcard with Dolby Headphone support rather then the mixamp.
m
l
November 9, 2012 3:14:12 PM

I use Turtle PX21 with the earforce dss virtual surround. Easy to set up and great sound.
m
l
November 9, 2012 3:21:12 PM

gamerk316 said:
^^ Good choice on the ATH-AD700; I'm using the ATH-M50 myself right now, and its a very good headset.

You might save a bit of money though by getting a soundcard with Dolby Headphone support rather then the mixamp.

Thanks.
I'm not to good with installing components of a PC myself. So, this would be a problem. Plus my PC has a soundcard. When I go into Device manager it just says NVIDIA High Definition Audio. So, I'm not exactly sure what soundcard I already have. Help maybe? Also, what soundcard would you suggest that is within reason? I don't want to end up spending $250 right now for headphones and a mic to work properly.

[EDIT: Fixed a grammatical error]
m
l
November 9, 2012 4:28:32 PM

For headphone use, the ASUS Xonar DG (PCI) or PCI-E (PCI-E) make the most sense, given their headphone amp. Again, just another option to consider.

FYI, the soundcard you currently have installed if the audio chip directly on the NVIDIA GPU.
m
l
November 9, 2012 6:10:23 PM

gamerk316 said:
For headphone use, the ASUS Xonar DG (PCI) or PCI-E (PCI-E) make the most sense, given their headphone amp. Again, just another option to consider.

FYI, the soundcard you currently have installed if the audio chip directly on the NVIDIA GPU.

I opened up my box and it's connected to the motherboard. So, if I get the Asus Xonar DG, should I try to use a guide on installing it or is it simple enough that you could explain easily, or if know of a good guide, the link?

Thanks again.

Also, how do I know which one I need, a PCI or a PCI-Express? (Incase you couldn't tell, I'm new to audio)

[EDIT: added the "Also, how do...." sentence.]
m
l
!