Best Headset

Hello all,

I am looking to buy a new headset as my current Turtle Beach X11s have pretty much died. This is going to be a headset for the PC so, I won't be going back to Turtle Beach, in my opinion, they're products now are made of lower quality materials. I have really 4 headsets in mind, as well as the wireless equivalent for 2 of the headsets. My options are:

- ATH AD700 w/ an AntLion ModMic attached

- Corsair Vengeance 1500(Wired) or 2000(Wireless)

- Logitech G35(Wired) or G930(Wireless)

- SteelSeries Siberia V2

- Or other reccomendation

My budget is $150 excluding shipping and I want a mic and headphones or just a headset.

[EDIT: Added Siberia V2 and fixed the repeat of first line]
16 answers Last reply
More about best headset
  1. I recommend the Astro A40, however you would need a sound card with Dolby Digital Live for 7.1 http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-headset-astro-edition
  2. Pewr said:
    I recommend the Astro A40, however you would need a sound card with Dolby Digital Live for 7.1 http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-headset-astro-edition

Those are a bit out of budget, I have actually looked into those before.

P.S. sorry about the typo in the thread where the first line is there twice. I am doing this on my phone right now and an ad was in the way.
  3. IcylGamingI said:
    Like I said, the Astro's are out of my budget. Also, is that your list of favorite headsets in order?
    No it's from another member on the forum he wrote this http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&ved=0CG0QFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.squidoo.com%2Fpc-gaming-headsets&ei=5oScUKyfNsz0qAHYnIHoDw&usg=AFQjCNFnSxNNnizqDGDmtvJq7khP2Fu5IA&sig2=PVYsTGJk2PPt7wprJey8Cw
  4. bigcyco1 said:

I've been told on a few occasions, and from researching, the Corsair's are highly recommended and better than at least a few of those headsets. That's just with research and a few friends' opinions. I think those Siberia's are kinda groing on me, they are said to be VERY comfortable. So, within budget($150) what would you personnaly recommend? Items on my list(original post) or other?
  5. Heaphones and a mic blow away "Gaming" headsets. I have sennheiser hd598 and a blue snowball but that antlion looks great.
  6. darth pravus said:
    Heaphones and a mic blow away "Gaming" headsets. I have sennheiser hd598 and a blue snowball but that antlion looks great.

Yeah, the AD700s are my first option. Any idea if the ModMic is good quality?

I was thinking if I got a decent pair of headphones, like the AD700s, I could upgrade to a better mic like a Blue Yeti or Snowball in a year or so.
  7. I think I'm gonna go with the ATH-AD700s w/ AntLion ModMic and later on get an Astro MixAmp
  8. ^^ Good choice on the ATH-AD700; I'm using the ATH-M50 myself right now, and its a very good headset.

You might save a bit of money though by getting a soundcard with Dolby Headphone support rather then the mixamp.
  9. I use Turtle PX21 with the earforce dss virtual surround. Easy to set up and great sound.
  10. gamerk316 said:
    ^^ Good choice on the ATH-AD700; I'm using the ATH-M50 myself right now, and its a very good headset.

You might save a bit of money though by getting a soundcard with Dolby Headphone support rather then the mixamp.

Thanks.
    I'm not to good with installing components of a PC myself. So, this would be a problem. Plus my PC has a soundcard. When I go into Device manager it just says NVIDIA High Definition Audio. So, I'm not exactly sure what soundcard I already have. Help maybe? Also, what soundcard would you suggest that is within reason? I don't want to end up spending $250 right now for headphones and a mic to work properly.

[EDIT: Fixed a grammatical error]
  11. For headphone use, the ASUS Xonar DG (PCI) or PCI-E (PCI-E) make the most sense, given their headphone amp. Again, just another option to consider.

FYI, the soundcard you currently have installed if the audio chip directly on the NVIDIA GPU.
  12. gamerk316 said:
    For headphone use, the ASUS Xonar DG (PCI) or PCI-E (PCI-E) make the most sense, given their headphone amp. Again, just another option to consider.

FYI, the soundcard you currently have installed if the audio chip directly on the NVIDIA GPU.

I opened up my box and it's connected to the motherboard. So, if I get the Asus Xonar DG, should I try to use a guide on installing it or is it simple enough that you could explain easily, or if know of a good guide, the link?

Thanks again.

Also, how do I know which one I need, a PCI or a PCI-Express? (Incase you couldn't tell, I'm new to audio)

[EDIT: added the "Also, how do...." sentence.]
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Wireless Gaming Headsets Components Product