Need help here guys! Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teacake96

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
So I am building a pc, or going to, and I am not sure on a case. I am thinking the Aerocool Black Hawk, the Sharkoon Tauron, The Cooler Master Storm Enforcer or the Cooler Master Storm Scout 1 or 2. I like the Aerocool Black Hawk the best but I am not sure what is like. What are your thoughts on these cases?

Also I am not sure what PSU I should get. I want it to be able to cope with crossfired 7970s and an overclocked i5 3570k. Any recommendations that aren't too expensive?

The other thing is that I am going to go with the Noctua DH14 CPU cooler and I am not sure if it will fit in the case. Again I would like to go with the Blackhawk or the Tauron as a second option, but would they fit the CPU cooler and the GPU?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Tom

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Solution

Teacake96

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

Yea I am an Aussie. Will that PSU crossfire 7970s? I found a little bit on the aerocool, only one person though.
Here, it's the last post http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691181

Also here it is at pc case gear http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_1287&products_id=18366
It supports graphics up to 330mm, I am more worried about the Noctua DH 14 fitting inside it.
It looks to be able to support a few fans for cooling which I like.

What is the cooling like on the Sharkoon Tauron?

Thanks for your help,
Tom :)

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
What I meant was info on the CPU Cooler clearance. I can't find it anywhere. :(

And yes, that PSU would be enough for 2-way 7970.

Cooling should be fair on the Sharktoon, I didn't really look much into that but people from AU seem to like it.

Teacake96

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

Yea neither can I! It's frustrating. Grrr. I sent the company an email asking them what it is.. Hopefully I get a reply.

As that PSU is modular ( I am unfamiliar with what exactly they are), does it mean that I will have to buy the cable for all the components or does that come with the PSU? Or do they come with each individual component?
Thank you for your help :)
Tom

socialfox

Distinguished
Well since the other poster is not online I guess I will answer your other question, and for the record I am not here for taking the best answer, previous poster has earned it. Anyways apart from that Modular power supplies just means you can modify it easily. Normal power supplies have heap loads of wires coming out of it and that just makes things messy in your case. With FULLY modular power supplies you can add in the connections you only need reducing the clutter in your case which ultimately improves airflow if you have one of those cases without cable management. All the modular power supplies I know of come with the connectors/cables so you don't need to buy it.

Teacake96

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

Ah, I understand them now :D So rather than having a heap of cables running loose everywhere that are unused, go modular and unplug these cables?
Tom

Teacake96

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

Thank you very much, I am certain I will find something to question you on :D

Status
Not open for further replies.