Seasonic s12ii 620w support on 600 va ups ?

aravindusa

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Hello,

Please help me in selecting psu wanted to buy seasonic s12ii 620w
Need to know will it run good with my UPS

Luminous Vista 600 VA is my UPS and i don't know weather it have Simulated sine wave or something required to support the seasonic s12ii 620w psu.

I don't need much backup time 2-3 mins is okie for me to shutdown the pc.

waiting for reply. please me regarding this.

The Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze is incompatible with UPSes with non-sinusoid output voltage.

As soon as the UPS switches over to battery operating mode the S12II-620 will immediately shut down because its APFC circuit can't deal with the non-sinusoid output voltage from the UPS.

X-bit labs encountered this problem when testing the modular version of that power supply (i.e. M12II-620 Bronze) with an APC SmartUPS SC 620 that outputs a simulated sine wave/stepped approximation to a sine wave.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cases/display/seasonic-psu-roundup_4.html

aravindusa

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Thanks for reply ko888

Can tell me this UPS have sinusoid output voltage to make it run with S12II 620.

Luminous Vista 600 VA

if its not supported, can you recommend some UPS which is suitable with this psu.

From the published information I was able to find about the Luminous Vista 600 VA I have seen square wave mentioned in one specification and stepped sine wave mentioned in another.

Where do you purchase your UPS' from?

What brands and models do you have available to you in the part of the world where you live?

Can you provide links to your preferred vendor(s)?

I usually recommend the following:

http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/adaptive-sinewave-series.html

aravindusa

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Thanks ko888

i think its better change psu instead of ups.

my rig

Core 2 Quad 2.66 ghz processor
Intel Dg41kr motherboard
4 GB DDR3 Ram
500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate Harddisk
DVD Writer
Sapphire HD 5450 Graphic Card

will i go to corsair cx430 v2 or corsair cx500 v2

which will be supported by my UPS.

Luminous Vista 600 VA