Acer Aspire Z5710 - Aiming to upgrade GPU and PSU

Dread_Lord369

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I currently have an Acer Aspire Z5710, and it doesn't really have the graphical capabilities to play most games smoothly without turning the resolution right down and detail right down, and even then, some games still stutter.

What I'm aiming for is to upgrade my gpu, which is, as stock, a Geforce G210M.

I don't know too much about this sort of thing, but I'm assuming that this is a notebook-style GPU, as the pc itself is an all-in-one pc, so there probably isn't a wide variety of GPUs that are capable of running the latest games on high detail/resolutions. I also know that the current power supply of 250W probably won't be enough to support said GPUs.

My questions are:
Are there any GPUs that will fit my machine and are capable of what I aim for?
If so, What are my PSU options?

My Budget is up to around $200-$300 for GPU and PSU, but if necessary I could go higher.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

- Dread

Dread_Lord369

Honorable
May 8, 2012
That sucks. Well, I'm aiming to build my own desktop somewhere down the line, but I was hoping to be able to upgrade my graphics as a temporary thing until then.

But anyway, for my desktop I'm going with an EVGA Geforce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked.
So that's what I'm gonna get anyway for my new desktop. Is there anyway of extending cords or whatever to connect it to my current pc? Like I said previously I don't know too much about this so I'm just stabbing in the dark.

- Dread

Rune_707

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015

Rune_707

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
I have the exact same ACER Aspire Z5710 (after complete breakdown of gamer PC/shortet out :( )
I just want to make an input here: I think its just a "MONEY black-hole-PIT" that hole PC-gamer thing, and i came across this very interresting video from a
(Othervise MAC-guy) where he builds a "External-Graficcard-Box", that (in hi`s case) powered 6 (six!) 4K-Screens !
SO, if i ever get to invest in a PC able to run high-end-games again, it would be with that option !
Do watch to hole video from MrThaiBox123 here =
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y3C5Mthmlc&index=29&list=PLB9D4DCB5947B8A26