Tryiong to upgrade from NVIDIA GeForce 7050 to ATI Radeoa 5770

Hello,
I am currently trying to upgrade my graphics from the NVIDIA Geforce 7050 integrated to ATI Radeon 5770. I am running a prebuilt comp made by Emachines the model is ET1831-05. I have tryed disableing the NVIDIA card switching cords and running off the new graphics card and alls i get is no signal. any suggestions to help me get my new card working
9 answers Last reply
More about tryiong upgrade nvidia geforce 7050 radeoa 5770
  1. Sorry i forgot to add that when the new graphics card is in the machine the fan runs but as i said i get no signal to my LCD monitor.
  2. ok firstly make sure the video card is securely installed
    if you get no signal on the video card plug the monitor to the integrated. if you do get signal on it go to bios and set primary video adapter from onboard to PCIE
    take the card out and do that i said above, save and shut down. put the card in, turn on and pray
  3. Did you plug in the 6-pin power connector?
  4. by 6-pin power connector you mean the one that goes from my card to the monitor yes? if you mean another cord you may have to explain a little more what you mean. Also through some more research ive noticed my power supply puts out 250 watts and the video card specs ask for 450 could this be the issue?
  5. alvine said:
    ok firstly make sure the video card is securely installed
    if you get no signal on the video card plug the monitor to the integrated. if you do get signal on it go to bios and set primary video adapter from onboard to PCIE
    take the card out and do that i said above, save and shut down. put the card in, turn on and pray

I tryed this and got nothing, though the fan in the video card does run.
  6. No, there is an additional power connection that connects to the video card inside your computer to provide additional power. Without that plugged in, the card won't run. In addition, your PSU is too small.
  7. In that case i will have to upgrade my PSU before going any further thankyou for your help and thankyou for letting me know about the 6 pin connecter i honestly had no clue im not that computer savvey and getting a p[ro to do it is to expensive lol
  8. For a new power supply, buy a respected brand like Corsair, XFX, Seasonic, or Antec. Other power supplies may not deliver the wattage they are rated for.

For reference, the PCI-E power connect looks like this and it should come on your new PSU
  9. Thankyou very much aicon and everyone else, and thankyou for the best first time forum use, was nervous posting lol if i have any problems with my new PSU when i get it i will be back! and the pic really helps i know exactly what to look for now :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Nvidia Geforce ATI Graphics