Anybody run WoW on a Linux Box?

Just wondering if anybody has expierence on running WoW on a Linux Box with
Cadega or anything?
6 answers Last reply
More about anybody linux

    "Jesse Roos" <rooster5@ptd.net> wrote in message
    > Just wondering if anybody has expierence on running WoW on a Linux
    > Box with Cadega or anything?

    I was thinking about this too:

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=world+of+warcraft+linux&btnG=Google+Search

    Seems that there is a petition but someone has managed to get it working!

    http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=707

    --
    Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
    http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

    Jesse Roos wrote:
    > Just wondering if anybody has expierence on running WoW on a Linux Box with
    > Cadega or anything?

    Yep, it is running very well.
    I run it using wine-cvs in opengl mode.

    You can check the gentoo forums to see how it is done. Patching however
    is a pain, because it does not work most of the time. The best option
    there is to patch in windows (if you have dual boot) and then copy all
    files onto your linux disk and play using 'wine WoW.exe -opengl'.

    Whats the point if u wanna run windows to get it patched and then run again
    in Linux to play it may as well play in windows u know?

    Chingy wrote:
    > Whats the point if u wanna run windows to get it patched and then run again
    > in Linux to play it may as well play in windows u know?

    I can do my own stuff in linux and also play WoW under linux without
    having to reboot. Btw windows does have better performance then linux.

    THe thing is that i want to patch it in linux, but that is not working
    properly, at least as far as my knowlegde can take me. So in order to
    play many times, i need to boot windows once, patch the game and play
    again happily

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 06:48:47 +1000, Chingy wrote:

    > Whats the point if u wanna run windows to get it patched and then run again
    > in Linux to play it may as well play in windows u know?

    The latest patch set for Cedega fixes the patch problems. I've not had a
    problem since and it's very reliable. I just wish I didn't have this PoS
    nVidia 5600 card and that my computer were burly enough to support the
    new 6800 I have sitting on a shelf waiting until I put a new 500 watt
    power supply in.

    In article <Uuphe.139549$Sc7.138479@amsnews05.chello.com>,
    jdh <zeebertusXX@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:

    > Chingy wrote:
    > > Whats the point if u wanna run windows to get it patched and then run again
    > > in Linux to play it may as well play in windows u know?

    > I can do my own stuff in linux and also play WoW under linux without
    > having to reboot.

    The important thing here is if anyone has an add-on so you can play from
    the command line. <G>

    --
    Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
    Also (rarely):

Games Warcraft World Of Warcraft Linux Video Games