Anybody run WoW on a Linux Box?

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 12, 2005 6:12:39 PM

Just wondering if anybody has expierence on running WoW on a Linux Box with
Cadega or anything?

More about : run wow linux box

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 13, 2005 12:49:56 PM

"Jesse Roos" <rooster5@ptd.net> wrote in message
> Just wondering if anybody has expierence on running WoW on a Linux
> Box with Cadega or anything?

I was thinking about this too:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=world+of+warcraf...

Seems that there is a petition but someone has managed to get it working!

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?st...

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 13, 2005 2:24:59 PM

Jesse Roos wrote:
> Just wondering if anybody has expierence on running WoW on a Linux Box with
> Cadega or anything?

Yep, it is running very well.
I run it using wine-cvs in opengl mode.

You can check the gentoo forums to see how it is done. Patching however
is a pain, because it does not work most of the time. The best option
there is to patch in windows (if you have dual boot) and then copy all
files onto your linux disk and play using 'wine WoW.exe -opengl'.
Related resources
May 14, 2005 10:48:47 AM

Whats the point if u wanna run windows to get it patched and then run again
in Linux to play it may as well play in windows u know?

<zeebertus@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
news:D 61o61$rt6$1@news.tue.nl...
> Jesse Roos wrote:
>> Just wondering if anybody has expierence on running WoW on a Linux Box
>> with Cadega or anything?
> Yep, it is running very well.
> I run it using wine-cvs in opengl mode.
>
> You can check the gentoo forums to see how it is done. Patching however is
> a pain, because it does not work most of the time. The best option there
> is to patch in windows (if you have dual boot) and then copy all files
> onto your linux disk and play using 'wine WoW.exe -opengl'.

May 14, 2005 8:15:48 PM

Chingy wrote:
> Whats the point if u wanna run windows to get it patched and then run again
> in Linux to play it may as well play in windows u know?

I can do my own stuff in linux and also play WoW under linux without
having to reboot. Btw windows does have better performance then linux.

THe thing is that i want to patch it in linux, but that is not working
properly, at least as far as my knowlegde can take me. So in order to
play many times, i need to boot windows once, patch the game and play
again happily
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 17, 2005 2:53:54 AM

On Sat, 14 May 2005 06:48:47 +1000, Chingy wrote:

> Whats the point if u wanna run windows to get it patched and then run again
> in Linux to play it may as well play in windows u know?

The latest patch set for Cedega fixes the patch problems. I've not had a
problem since and it's very reliable. I just wish I didn't have this PoS
nVidia 5600 card and that my computer were burly enough to support the
new 6800 I have sitting on a shelf waiting until I put a new 500 watt
power supply in.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
May 21, 2005 8:24:33 PM

In article <Uuphe.139549$Sc7.138479@amsnews05.chello.com>,
jdh <zeebertusXX@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Chingy wrote:
> > Whats the point if u wanna run windows to get it patched and then run again
> > in Linux to play it may as well play in windows u know?

> I can do my own stuff in linux and also play WoW under linux without
> having to reboot.

The important thing here is if anyone has an add-on so you can play from
the command line. <G>

--
Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
Also (rarely):