May 8, 2012 3:12:31 PM

Hello all!
I have an Emachine 1331g the specs are as follows
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 235e 2.7 GHz
RAM: 6.00 GB DDR2 800
Chipset: NForce 430 MCP61
Graphics: GeForce 6150SE
Hard Drive: 750 GB SA TA 3.0 Gbps

I am looking to upgrade the graphics card to gain better performance in WoW. I know I will need to upgrade the power supply which I can handle but I am unsure of which card to choose. I am trying to stay under $100 for the card. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks
-Phik

More about : graphics card upgrade

a b U Graphics card
May 8, 2012 3:18:32 PM

you have not provided us with your power supply specs
you can pick up amd 7750, it doesnt require any additional power and is around $100
May 8, 2012 3:45:06 PM

i think alvine is right........besides u have not provided the details of ur power supply unit.......talking abt hd 7750 it's quite cool and efficient to run in any older psu.......moreover it could also handle most modern games at decent settings and resolutions........and even at full load it consumes only 63-66w......
Related resources
May 8, 2012 5:08:30 PM

well if ur planning to buy a new psu that u have mentioned above then it is more safe for ur system.....and u can also get a higher end card if u can increase ur budget............otherwise if u want to stick with ur current psu and budget then definitely 7750 is a best option for u as suggested by alvine...iam also planning to buy this card to upgrade by current geforce 9400gt........my psu is also of 250w and as recommended by experts my choice will be either 7750 or 6670....although 7750 is alot faster than 6670.......but still it's another good option..........
a b U Graphics card
May 8, 2012 5:39:49 PM

you have an Emashine...most likely it uses a proprietary power supply. What it means is the power connectors look the same but the wiring is different. If you want to upgrade your psu make sure to get the Proprietary one. Logisys is a horrible brand you dont want to cheap out on the power supply...if it fails it can destroy your whole system
!