Sign in with
Your question

Are my computer parts are compatible

Last response: in Systems
July 2, 2012 12:18:28 PM

Hello,
If you see a part that should be upgraded or doesn't fit please tell me a good alternative or a close competitor. Suggestions will be appreciated. the only thing i am not sure about is the power supply.it will be for gaming and video editing.it is at the top of my budget so any way if u could think of another part to bring down the cost.

NZXT Phantom 410 Mid ATX Case Gun Metal Finish
Samsung 22x SATA DVD-RW
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Intel Core i7 3770
Seagate 1TB SATA
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Thermaltake TR2 Bronze 600W
G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB(2x 4GB) DDR3 Memory Kit
Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7970
Anti Static Wrist Strap
windows 7 Home Premium Single Pack - OEM
July 2, 2012 12:28:04 PM

filling out the how to ask for build advice template can be easier for us to recommnend parts
m
l
July 2, 2012 2:09:33 PM

All good, they will work together just fine.

That PSU is from Thermaltake, not a great PSU maker. Look to Seasonic, XFX (rebranded Seasonics essentially), Corsair and Silverstone for good Power supply's. Make sure its modular and 80+ Bronze or better.

Also 600W wont let you run SLI/Crossifre, just be aware of that.
m
l
Related resources
July 2, 2012 2:22:43 PM

Thermaltake is a hit and miss PSU OEM. All their PSUs are made by low quality manufacturers. I highly recommend getting something from the SeaSonic X series like this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Also, what kind of hard drive are you getting? stay away from those power saving green hippy harddrives unless you're only using it to store media.
m
l
July 2, 2012 5:41:39 PM

if you want to save a couple of bucks on the power supply, look no further than the xfx xxx 750w. its semi-modular, its 80+ silver, its made by seasonic, and is 109.99
m
l
July 2, 2012 5:43:29 PM

another thing to take note of is that there isnt a point of getting a z77 board if you are not overclocking. just get yourself a h77-v from asus as it has the same features if not more than the z77 version minus the overclocking. plus im dam sure its cheaper than the extreme4 board
m
l
!