Sign in with
Your question

Video Freeze, Audio Stuttering/Buzzing

Last response: in Systems
July 2, 2012 1:16:48 PM

When playing games and on YouTube, my laptop scren will occasionally freeze. This is accompanied by a loud buzzing noise (which seems to be the audio stuttering - not sure). After several seconds the screen returns to normal and play resumes. Any ideas what this could be caused by?
a b D Laptop
July 4, 2012 10:11:14 AM

Sounds like the GPU might be going bad or your video driver keeps crashing. Unfortunately, that is a bit harder to diagnose on a laptop. Make sure your video drivers are up-to-date. Also, download a program that can monitor computer temperatures of the CPU and the GPU.

Can you give us a full list out of the laptop specs, including brand and model?
July 5, 2012 8:52:35 PM

Specs:
Packard Bell Easynote TJ65
Processor- Intel Pentium T4300 (dual-core)
RAM - 4096MB
Hard drive - 320GB
Video card - Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (1695MB memory, runs 1366x768 resolution)

If there's anything else you need let me know, thanks for helping so far
Related resources
July 5, 2012 9:00:52 PM

Also seems that video drivers are up-to-date (at least according to the updater).

Also, I'm running Windows 7 if it matters.
a b D Laptop
July 6, 2012 1:50:53 AM

Hmmm, Intel integrated crap. Honestly, and I could be wrong, it does sound like the graphics chip on the motherboard is going bad. However, we want to make dang sure first.

Google some HDD scanning software that will diagnose your HDD. Depending on the maker of the HDD, you can get one from that company's website (usually).

Also download Memtest86+ and run that for several hours. It'll test your RAM to make sure that the RAM isn't bad. You may have to remove a stick of RAM, as its best to test each stick individually. If you don't want to do that, I understand, and go ahead and run the test anyway. If you get any errors back, then it stands that you have bad memory (or a bad stick of it at least).
January 5, 2013 7:14:31 PM

having the same problem. Have you found a solution in the meanwhile
February 4, 2013 1:36:30 AM

I am having this same exact issue on my desktop. Anyone have any solutions?
!