Another Hunter Pet question

I have a lvl 45 Hunter. My pet is a Elder Stranglethorn Tiger I tamed at
lvl 35. It's lvl 44 now.

Yesterday evening I decided I want an elite so I tamed Bhag'tera, lvl 40
elite Panther. It turned out it had 'Dash'. So I taught my other pet
Dash as well.

I'm sure these questions have been asked may times and answered but I'm
a bit confused.

1 - When I release the panther will my other pet still know 'Dash'. Or
any spell it learns from another animal once that animalis gone.

2 - Does the elite panther have better stats than the tiger once it
reaches the same lvl?

If someone could pls provide me with a quick answer, much appreciated.

Cheers.

On Fri, 13 May 2005 12:46:30 +0200, Azeus
<IFARTINYOURGENERALDIRECTION@MP.com> scribed into the ether:

>I have a lvl 45 Hunter. My pet is a Elder Stranglethorn Tiger I tamed at
>lvl 35. It's lvl 44 now.
>
>Yesterday evening I decided I want an elite so I tamed Bhag'tera, lvl 40
>elite Panther. It turned out it had 'Dash'. So I taught my other pet
>Dash as well.
>
>I'm sure these questions have been asked may times and answered but I'm
>a bit confused.
>

>1 - When I release the panther will my other pet still know 'Dash'. Or
>any spell it learns from another animal once that animalis gone.

Once you learn an ability from a pet, it is yours forever to teach to any
pet which is capable of learning it. You can bring up a window which shows
every ability you can teach, and how many points it costs to teach it.

>2 - Does the elite panther have better stats than the tiger once it
>reaches the same lvl?

He'll run faster (even without factoring in Dash), but otherwise no, he
probably won't be any different. If he is, it won't be by much...1-2%
fluctuation in Hp or DPS or Armor. Nothing to care about.

Certain types of cat have better attack speed. Some elites have faster
run speed. But by and large all cats are the same once tamed. The
differences are purely cosmetic.