User Profiles

I use PCDJ to play mp3s on my laptop, & I would like to setup a user profile
so that only PCDJ is running, how can I do this?

System Info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name CODYSLAPTOP
System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation
System Model Inspiron 5100
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2392 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date PHOENIX TECHNOLOGIES LTD. A04, 3/28/2003
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180
(xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name CODYSLAPTOP\Walter
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 569.01 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.41 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
1 answer Last reply
More about user profiles

    Hi,

    You can create a new user profile though control panel > user accounts. Log into this account and
    try to disable as many startup programs as possible by going into the options of the specific
    programs. You may also consider removing un-important programs from loading at startup by disabling
    them from MSCONFIG (Start/Run MSCONFIG).

    Thereafter, you can add a shortcut to your favourite MP3 player to the startup folder:

    C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    This will ensure that everytime you log-in to the specific user account, the MP3 player software
    launches automatically. I hope this helps.
    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Smoothcody" <Smoothcody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I use PCDJ to play mp3s on my laptop, & I would like to setup a user profile
    > so that only PCDJ is running, how can I do this?
    >
    > System Info:
    >
    > OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    > Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    > OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    > System Name CODYSLAPTOP
    > System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation
    > System Model Inspiron 5100
    > System Type X86-based PC
    > Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2392 Mhz
    > BIOS Version/Date PHOENIX TECHNOLOGIES LTD. A04, 3/28/2003
    > SMBIOS Version 2.3
    > Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    > System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    > Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    > Locale United States
    > Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180
    > (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
    > User Name CODYSLAPTOP\Walter
    > Time Zone Central Standard Time
    > Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB