Case and power supply fan always at idle

Qone

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
This is the problem: chase's fan and power supply fan are always working on 1000 rpm.. Its not enough, so when i start a game, pc crashes: it freezes for about 2 minutes and than restarts.. Ive tryed to change the speed with sppedFan, but it does not any thing.
This problem come up when i bought a new motherboard, Asus p7p55 lx.
I also enabled speed control in bios, it still 100rpm.

socialfox

Distinguished
Hi there download HWmonitor (oops didn't realized he posted it above, anyways you should download it)
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Open up the program and let it run in the background while gaming, when done playing (when you realize freezing) tell me the temperatures in the MAX column. You can also tell me the temperatures while idling, just tell me the numbers under Value. It would however be much easier if you could upload the picture of a printscreen with the program opened and I can just take a look.

Here is mine for example:
Temp.jpg

For me Tmpin0 is the CPU, Tmpin1 is the motherboard, there should be a video card at the end. I had a video card but I took it out for now because I'm running a bad power supply now :lol:, don't want to risk losing it. Anyways for uploading just upload to photobucket and copy the forum code. In addition, fans make little difference in terms of temperature. More specifically raising the RPM just a bit does very little change, if you have no fans at all then you have a big problem but since you have fans then changing it won't do much. I recommend a new CPU heatsink or a new computer case if its a small one.

socialfox

Distinguished
Are you running the stock cooler correctly? Is it inserted properly as well? Your idle temperatures are quite high though it's kind of meaningless since all CPUs idle at different temperatures but your load temperatures are awfully high which you really need to lower. I think for your CPU the max safe temperature is around 72 degrees. Consider in a new CPU heatsink. Though there may be a chance that HWmonitor is displaying it wrong so I want you to check your "idle" (not really at idle, there is a bit of load)temperatures in the bios. Then use realtemp and take another printscreen.

http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

Edit: I think you should ignore Auxtin, quite a few people have bizarre readings for it.

Qone

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012

Yea, i fixed CPU fan speed, now its gone from 1300 rpm to 1900rpm in quiet mode(when im not playing) but im still not able to control cases fan speed, it still at 700rpm, so cpu fan works uselessly

As socialfox stated double check temps with either coretemp or MB supplied utility.

If one shot is at idle and one under load - then not reporting correctly. Also 100+ is VERY bad. SB CPUs should start to throttle above around 95 C to protect it. The max temp of CPUTIN of 152 C, Should never be this high.

Also if Using the Stock Intel HSF - DON'T. yes it is OK IF INSTALLED correctly, but it is on the bottom of the totom pole on effectiveness. Remember "Cooler is better".
Personally I never even take the stock Intel HSF out of the Box. I leave in the box so it does not blow away - LOL as you have to have it to RMA the CPU. WHICH you may need to do if the temps are real at some point in the near future. - Hopefully they are not correct.

OLD member, I've not seen in awhile, Supreme law, had a good post on this, basically stating that Intel should be sued for such a lousy design - LOL.

For case fan try a diff fan header or if possible another fan. PSU fan is normally controlled by the PSU, and not by BIOS/3rd party programs.

socialfox

Distinguished
Are you sure? All you really need is a new cooler such as the Hyper 212 which is only a $30 investment and will last you for a long time. Anyways if you are determined in getting a new build then buy it custom, feel free to use this thread to list your new build and we will make sure its compatible. I would not recommend buying pre-made computers since they are overpriced and for that price you can do a much better job.

Qone

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Yea, i know, im gonna buy one from my friend that is specialized in building computers..
Anyway i have i5 3.20 gHz and ati 5750 and the newest games dont run anymore on max graphics.
Thanx for help.