Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Water cooling build advice

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Water Cooling
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
Anonymous
July 2, 2012 3:21:11 PM

Hi all,
I have posted a number of topics in this forum and I'm really starting to feel like a jack$$ because plans keep changing and every time they do I need to make a new topic.

Anyway, I am in the process of making a new pc in which I will be purchasing the parts for in a week or so. I also want in start water cooling it in october sometime so i can do some over clocking. This is where you guys come in... Althoughni havendone so e over clocking before, I have never water cooled. I have some idea of how to set everything up but I have no idea what parts to get.

My build so far:

CPU: i5 3570k
Mobo: as rock z77 extreme4
Gpu: EVGA gtx 680 classified
Ram: g.skill ripjaws 8gb (2 x 4gb) ddr3 1600
Psu: corsair ax850
Case: cooler master haf x

All help would be appreciated even if it is just tweaking the parts I'm planning to get. I already have HDD, DVD drive, and os. I don't know how much i want to spend on water cooling, I'm really just looking for a good idea of what I need to get in order to get a good system going. I think i want to cool my CPU and gnu but if you have another idea than please let me know.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

More about : water cooling build advice

Anonymous
July 2, 2012 10:58:15 PM

Thanks for the recommendation, but I really have no idea what to pick out. Although I know what all the parts do, I dont know which ones work the best or even fit in my case.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 2, 2012 11:59:58 PM

Here i will post it in 30 minutes... i will post all the parts compatable
m
0
l
July 3, 2012 12:21:12 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation, but I really have no idea what to pick out. Although I know what all the parts do, I dont know which ones work the best or even fit in my case.

no no no no no... dont listen to him, there are way better options than danger den, check my signature build and check the "my personal build part"... that will give you an idea of the parts need to water cool.... btw
1)are you REALLY sure you want to WC? i mean, with a nice air cooler your cpu can achive a decent overclock
2)do you want a dual or single loop system?
3)whats your budget for the WC parts?
m
0
l
July 3, 2012 12:38:55 AM

dangerden isn't as popular as it used it be since there is way better stores

i seen a lot of people been using these site(me too since i do not like the watercoolers such as H100 and such)

http://www.xoxide.com/watcoolkit.html
(kit section thinking you need the whole thing for your build)

and

frozencpu
m
0
l
July 3, 2012 1:40:20 AM

boulbox said:
dangerden isn't as popular as it used it be since there is way better stores

i seen a lot of people been using these site(me too since i do not like the watercoolers such as H100 and such)

http://www.xoxide.com/watcoolkit.html
(kit section thinking you need the whole thing for your build)

and

frozencpu


why dont you like closed loop watercoolers? you just need to buy 2 aditional quality fans (in case we are talking about the H100) to make it match the performance of almost any custom loop
m
0
l
July 3, 2012 2:07:36 AM

i might as well change the fans on my noctua to match the performance of H100 with different fans

unless its a H100 with 4 fans which is pretty big and bulky i might as well just go with a Water cooler somewhere else or just use a Noctua
m
0
l
Anonymous
July 3, 2012 2:31:08 AM

Thanks for all the replys guys!

First of, I don't know if this makes any difference, but I am not getting the 680 classified (I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that) I am getting the 680 FTW 4gb. Anyway, I don't know if I want a dual or single loop. All I know is that I want to cool my CPU and gpu. As for budget I'm not sure because I don't know how much a good system costs. What I want is good parts and I can adjust the price from there. Once again thanks so much for all the help you guys have given me!
m
0
l
July 3, 2012 4:00:17 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the replys guys!

First of, I don't know if this makes any difference, but I am not getting the 680 classified (I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that) I am getting the 680 FTW 4gb. Anyway, I don't know if I want a dual or single loop. All I know is that I want to cool my CPU and gpu. As for budget I'm not sure because I don't know how much a good system costs. What I want is good parts and I can adjust the price from there. Once again thanks so much for all the help you guys have given me!


Unless you are using Running metro 2033 @ 5760x 1080p with Everything maxed out (including AA)/DX11 you wont see any performance diference between the GTX 680 and the GTX 680 4GB edition.

Altough the diference is incredible :lol:  i had 4 GTX 680s (stock) and with those settings i mentioned i was only getting 24fps and 31 when overclocked and when i got my 4 GTX 680s 4GB edition..... DAMN! i was running metro 2033 at 57fps and when i overclock them i was hitting 68fps!

BUT... at 1080p they both perform EXACTLY the same
m
0
l
Anonymous
July 3, 2012 12:01:03 PM

aqualipt said:
Unless you are using Running metro 2033 @ 5760x 1080p with Everything maxed out (including AA)/DX11 you wont see any performance diference between the GTX 680 and the GTX 680 4GB edition.

Altough the diference is incredible :lol:  i had 4 GTX 680s (stock) and with those settings i mentioned i was only getting 24fps and 31 when overclocked and when i got my 4 GTX 680s 4GB edition..... DAMN! i was running metro 2033 at 57fps and when i overclock them i was hitting 68fps!

BUT... at 1080p they both perform EXACTLY the same

The reason I am going with the 4gb is because I am planning to go 5760x1080 in the future. This way,i can buy one new card and go sli when I do get tri monitors and I don't have tonbuy 2 new cards
m
0
l
July 3, 2012 7:53:35 PM

Quote:
The reason I am going with the 4gb is because I am planning to go 5760x1080 in the future. This way,i can buy one new card and go sli when I do get tri monitors and I don't have tonbuy 2 new cards


hmmm.... 2gtx 680 wont be enough to maxed out most games at 5760x1080 maybe 3 will :??: 
m
0
l
Anonymous
July 3, 2012 8:01:37 PM

aqualipt said:
hmmm.... 2gtx 680 wont be enough to maxed out most games at 5760x1080 maybe 3 will :??: 

Either way though, the point is I want to get a 4gb edition so I can plan for the future. I am also planning on playing skyrim with over 100 mods installed (a lot of them texture mods) and I heard you get capped on VRAM very easily when you do that.

Im gonna sound like a complete idiot when I say this but I actually just found outnthere was a water cooling section in this forum. :lol:  I will be moving this topic to that section. Thanks for all help you guys have given me and aqualipt, I will definitely be coming back to your build list in the future! :D 
m
0
l
July 3, 2012 9:39:50 PM

Quote:
Either way though, the point is I want to get a 4gb edition so I can plan for the future. I am also planning on playing skyrim with over 100 mods installed (a lot of them texture mods) and I heard you get capped on VRAM very easily when you do that.

Im gonna sound like a complete idiot when I say this but I actually just found outnthere was a water cooling section in this forum. :lol:  I will be moving this topic to that section. Thanks for all help you guys have given me and aqualipt, I will definitely be coming back to your build list in the future! :D 


thanks a lot :lol:  and btw.... i have a very nice WC system(check it at the botton of my signature thread), if you want, PM me the link the of the new thread so i can advise you better, btw... what your budget?
m
0
l
!