Sign in with
Your question

Worried about parts being delivered without damage

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
July 2, 2012 4:05:35 PM

I'm sure everything has this thought at one point. This is my first time (and probably only time) ordering parts and I'm hoping it goes well. First time's the charm I guess lol

I know that the majority of people who review the delivery companies are generally annoyed and angry and so you can't always trust what you read.

but, have you got any stories about anything being delivered? did it all arrive and was everything working as intended?
July 2, 2012 4:55:28 PM

I personally have never had problems with UPS but I guess part of that is living in a major metropolitan area as opposed to a rural area.
July 2, 2012 5:56:45 PM

While I think everyone has stories about improper deliveries, I believe those are anecdotal and not representative of the average hardware delivery.

I order parts almost monthly, and more often than not from people on forums (i.e. not retailers) and haven't had any issues from any single purchase. If anything, most individual sellers pack better than retailers, but on average you'll be fine. Retail-boxed components are packaged to be shipped (since they have to travel from the factory to the retailers to the consumer).
!