Help me please!

Sorry to barge in on intelligent conversation but I am in need of a bit of help if you dont mind?
I would like to buy my boyfriend a new laptop as he is into his gaming (i.e. skyrim and eventually diablo 3). I know that he will need a dual core processor and ideally 6mg of ram but what i dont know is what sort of graphics card i will need. I have been on the pc world website and there is one of these; ACER Aspire 5733 15.6" Laptop which has the following: Dual-core Intel® Pentium® P6200 processor
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Memory: 6GB
Hard drive: 500GB
and some of this;
Graphics card Intel HD 128 MB of dedicated system memory
for just over £300, do you think this will be good enough?

Thanks

Jenna
5 answers Last reply
More about help please
  1. No, Skyrim is a very CPU intensive, the specs you listed are kinda old. You need at least a core i5 Intel CPU, and a dedicated graphics card such as AMD HD 6730M to enjoy a kinda smooth gameplay at medium settings.
  2. Ok, thanks. Am I better off getting something made up specifically or do you know if there are things available on the market? Sorry for all the questions!
  3. Don't understand your question, any laptop (Dell/HP/Accer, Lenovo,....) that have a dedicated graphics card (AMD/nVidia) with 1 GB of VRAM and equipped with the latest Intel Core i5/i7 CPU will run your mentioned game, but those specs you listed will lag the game, it might not even run it.
  4. Thanks, much appreciated.
  5. I've been looking into getting a gaming laptop for a very long time. If you want to make your boyfriend really happy with a gaming laptop, I'd spend at least $1100 on it to get a decent gaming laptop video card and processor that would last him a long time. generally a 560m for video card and an i7. but with the new 600 series laptops coming out this year along with intel's new cpu architecture I'd hold out and wait a few months to buy something really nice. also don't forget the 1980x1020 max resolution on the screen.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics