Sign in with
Your question

Help me please!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 8, 2012 8:56:58 PM

Sorry to barge in on intelligent conversation but I am in need of a bit of help if you dont mind?
I would like to buy my boyfriend a new laptop as he is into his gaming (i.e. skyrim and eventually diablo 3). I know that he will need a dual core processor and ideally 6mg of ram but what i dont know is what sort of graphics card i will need. I have been on the pc world website and there is one of these; ACER Aspire 5733 15.6" Laptop which has the following: Dual-core Intel® Pentium® P6200 processor
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Memory: 6GB
Hard drive: 500GB
and some of this;
Graphics card Intel HD 128 MB of dedicated system memory
for just over £300, do you think this will be good enough?

Thanks

Jenna

More about : question

a c 143 U Graphics card
May 8, 2012 9:00:56 PM

No, Skyrim is a very CPU intensive, the specs you listed are kinda old. You need at least a core i5 Intel CPU, and a dedicated graphics card such as AMD HD 6730M to enjoy a kinda smooth gameplay at medium settings.
May 8, 2012 9:02:17 PM

Ok, thanks. Am I better off getting something made up specifically or do you know if there are things available on the market? Sorry for all the questions!
Related resources
a c 143 U Graphics card
May 8, 2012 9:12:44 PM

Don't understand your question, any laptop (Dell/HP/Accer, Lenovo,....) that have a dedicated graphics card (AMD/nVidia) with 1 GB of VRAM and equipped with the latest Intel Core i5/i7 CPU will run your mentioned game, but those specs you listed will lag the game, it might not even run it.
May 8, 2012 9:42:08 PM

Thanks, much appreciated.
May 9, 2012 4:34:22 AM

I've been looking into getting a gaming laptop for a very long time. If you want to make your boyfriend really happy with a gaming laptop, I'd spend at least $1100 on it to get a decent gaming laptop video card and processor that would last him a long time. generally a 560m for video card and an i7. but with the new 600 series laptops coming out this year along with intel's new cpu architecture I'd hold out and wait a few months to buy something really nice. also don't forget the 1980x1020 max resolution on the screen.
!