  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
March 3, 2005 10:50:26 AM

Not sure if this is the best group to ask this question....but I'm trying to
run a batch file that would delete files from a given directory, but I'm not
having any success. Here is the text in the file
------------------------
@ECHO OFF
deltree C:\ABM\bin\*.* /y

CLS
EXIT
------------------------

I'm using windows XP Pro.

Thanks.

More about : batch file developement

Anonymous
March 3, 2005 10:50:27 AM

Same answer as in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Same answer as in microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin

deltree is not available with Windows XP.

The rmdir /s command deletes directories containing files and
subdirectories. For more information about the rmdir command, see Rmdir.

Rmdir (rd)

New ways to do familiar tasks

Start | Run | Copy and paste the following line:

%windir%\hh.exe ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\ntcmds.chm::/dos_diffs.htm

Click OK.

Scroll down to Unavailable MS-DOS Commands

Or...

New ways to do familiar tasks

-----

Command-line reference

Or >>

Command-line reference

Start | Run | Copy and paste the following line:

hh ntcmds.chm

Click OK.
-----

Command-line reference A-Z

Or >>

Command-line reference A-Z

Start | Run | Copy and paste the following line:

%windir%\hh.exe ms-its:c:\Windows\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm

Click OK.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:o TmQce$HFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Ben Wallace <kixman@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:o 1IWSe$HFHA.2744@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eCbnEe$HFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Ben Wallace <kixman@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Not sure if this is the best group to ask this question....but I'm
> trying to run a batch file that would delete files from a given
> directory, but I'm not having any success. Here is the text in the
> file ------------------------
> @ECHO OFF
> deltree C:\ABM\bin\*.* /y
>

> CLS
> EXIT
> ------------------------
>
> I'm using windows XP Pro.
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 6:40:18 AM

Ben Wallace rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

> Not sure if this is the best group to ask this question....but I'm trying
> run a batch file that would delete files from a given directory, but I'm
not
> having any success. Here is the text in the file
> ------------------------
> @ECHO OFF
> deltree C:\ABM\bin\*.* /y
>

> CLS
> EXIT
>
> I'm using windows XP Pro.
>
> Thanks.

You can get deltree off a 9x cd and use setver command if it gives you a
version error. plus it should be deltree /y C:\ABM\bin\*.*
!