Sign in with
Your question

Barebones PC

Last response: in Systems
July 2, 2012 4:41:38 PM

So I don't have much money so i want to build a barebones computer that will still be highspec but won't have unnecessary things in it like to actually work. And then once i do have the money I can add everything else in bit by bit. I was wondering what parts don't i need?

At the moment it its

Case
Motherboard
PSU
CPU
RAM
SDD

More about : barebones

July 2, 2012 4:52:38 PM

First off fill this out and we can better assist you: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...

As far as what parts you do and don't need - concentrate on these areas (in order of importance): PSU, GPU, motherboard/CPU, cooling, case, storage (SSD/HD/optical), OS, peripherals (monitor/keyboard/mouse), and accessories.
m
l
Related resources
July 2, 2012 5:26:39 PM

Not like exact parts just what i need to build a computer that will work but still have the high spec to support good uogrades in the future monts
m
l
July 2, 2012 5:40:47 PM

ryanwyvill1 said:
Not like exact parts just what i need to build a computer that will work but still have the high spec to support good uogrades in the future monts

Well these are the main components you need to make a PC work:

Case
Power Supply
Motherboard
CPU
Cooler (optional)
RAM
Hard Drive
SSD (optional)
Optical
GPU
Operating System
Monitor / keyboard / mouse

Things you don't need would be like thermal compound (included with CPU cooler), SATA cables (included with motherboard and drives) cable ties (included with power supply), tool kits, anti-static wrist straps, connectors, adapters, things of that nature.

What your actual build will look like depends on your budget and primary use (games, video editing/producing, things of that nature).
m
l
July 2, 2012 6:36:56 PM

No like i want the bare minimum to make it work so like no GPU the nwhen i have the money buy the upgrades
m
l
July 2, 2012 6:49:26 PM

ryanwyvill1 said:
No like i want the bare minimum to make it work so like no GPU the nwhen i have the money buy the upgrades

That's still kind of a vague description - do you want a sample system? I can't post that if I don't have an idea of a budget or anything - $750? $1000? $1200? $1500?
m
l
July 2, 2012 8:30:24 PM

Busget will be £500ish for it turn on and work i don't care about anything like GPU that'll make it do things well. But I still want all the parts in it to be good for when i get the money for everything else.
m
l
July 2, 2012 8:46:34 PM

ryanwyvill1 said:
Busget will be £500ish for it turn on and work i don't care about anything like GPU that'll make it do things well. But I still want all the parts in it to be good for when i get the money for everything else.

This is what a sample build would look like. I included a basic GPU - it's better than the Intel HD 3000.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-2130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor (£110.56 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: Asus P8H77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£83.99 @ Dabs)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£41.55 @ Amazon UK)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£49.97 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card (£110.12 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case (£38.92 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: Corsair 600W ATX12V Power Supply (£52.37 @ Ebuyer)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer (£13.98 @ Novatech)
Total: £501.46
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
m
l
July 3, 2012 6:57:23 AM

That is WAY better than the HD 2000.
m
l
July 3, 2012 3:18:12 PM

No i want everything that will make it turn on and just like browse the internet so i'd want a good motherboard, CPU, SDD (i have a HDD already), Case and RAM. When i get more money from my newly aquired job i shall be buying a GPU and all the rest that it needs to be a high spec gaming build.
m
l
!