Barebones PC

So I don't have much money so i want to build a barebones computer that will still be highspec but won't have unnecessary things in it like to actually work. And then once i do have the money I can add everything else in bit by bit. I was wondering what parts don't i need?

At the moment it its

Case
Motherboard
PSU
CPU
RAM
SDD
10 answers Last reply
More about barebones
  1. You need operating system.
  2. First off fill this out and we can better assist you: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice

As far as what parts you do and don't need - concentrate on these areas (in order of importance): PSU, GPU, motherboard/CPU, cooling, case, storage (SSD/HD/optical), OS, peripherals (monitor/keyboard/mouse), and accessories.
  3. Not like exact parts just what i need to build a computer that will work but still have the high spec to support good uogrades in the future monts
  4. ryanwyvill1 said:
    Not like exact parts just what i need to build a computer that will work but still have the high spec to support good uogrades in the future monts

Well these are the main components you need to make a PC work:

Case
    Power Supply
    Motherboard
    CPU
    Cooler (optional)
    RAM
    Hard Drive
    SSD (optional)
    Optical
    GPU
    Operating System
    Monitor / keyboard / mouse

Things you don't need would be like thermal compound (included with CPU cooler), SATA cables (included with motherboard and drives) cable ties (included with power supply), tool kits, anti-static wrist straps, connectors, adapters, things of that nature.

What your actual build will look like depends on your budget and primary use (games, video editing/producing, things of that nature).
  5. No like i want the bare minimum to make it work so like no GPU the nwhen i have the money buy the upgrades
  6. ryanwyvill1 said:
    No like i want the bare minimum to make it work so like no GPU the nwhen i have the money buy the upgrades

That's still kind of a vague description - do you want a sample system? I can't post that if I don't have an idea of a budget or anything - $750? $1000? $1200? $1500?
  7. Busget will be £500ish for it turn on and work i don't care about anything like GPU that'll make it do things well. But I still want all the parts in it to be good for when i get the money for everything else.
  8. ryanwyvill1 said:
    Busget will be £500ish for it turn on and work i don't care about anything like GPU that'll make it do things well. But I still want all the parts in it to be good for when i get the money for everything else.

This is what a sample build would look like. I included a basic GPU - it's better than the Intel HD 3000.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-2130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor (£110.56 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Motherboard: Asus P8H77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£83.99 @ Dabs)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£41.55 @ Amazon UK)
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£49.97 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card (£110.12 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case (£38.92 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair 600W ATX12V Power Supply (£52.37 @ Ebuyer)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer (£13.98 @ Novatech)
    Total: £501.46
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
  9. That is WAY better than the HD 2000.
  10. No i want everything that will make it turn on and just like browse the internet so i'd want a good motherboard, CPU, SDD (i have a HDD already), Case and RAM. When i get more money from my newly aquired job i shall be buying a GPU and all the rest that it needs to be a high spec gaming build.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Computer Barebones Systems