What type of ram is great for gaming?

Yes, 1333Mhz will be able to run almost any title without any issues. Generally speaking, you don't see much difference in gaming performance with just RAM frequencies (again, unless you have an APU).

The majority of your gaming performance comes from your CPU and GPU. What is your current CPU as well as your GPU? If you feel you aren't getting the performance you desire, one of these is most likely outdated.

APU is what AMD calls an Accelerated Processing Unit; it's just a CPU with on-board discrete-level graphics.

My previous recommendation question remains the same, however. What components do you currently have in your rig? :) If you don't know, can you download a program called CPU-Z and tell me what CPU you're using as well as what it says under the "Motherboard" section? (A screenshot of both the CPU/Motherboard section would be great).

thecrafter

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
so if i read what you said correctly well for video card diamond 7870 witch i purchased and i am going to buy AMD FX-4170 Zambezi and a new mother board and ran to suffice to make myself a kind of gaming rig you know trying to upgrade to windows 7 but i am running windows xp i think its 32 bit
Dos that help at all?
O allmost for got i found that the mother board that fits best in my computer case is a 9.6x9.6

thecrafter

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012

So with that information that i said what do you think will be the best for me ? and maby you could help me with a motherboard if you could i am haveing a hard time with the 2 it needs to be in a 9.6x9.6 space thats as big as the motherboard can get Thanks

so if i read what you said correctly well for video card diamond 7870 witch i purchased and i am going to buy AMD FX-4170 Zambezi and a new mother board and ran to suffice to make myself a kind of gaming rig you know trying to upgrade to windows 7 but i am running windows xp i think its 32 bit
Dos that help at all?
O allmost for got i found that the mother board that fits best in my computer case is a 9.6x9.6

HD7870 is a great card, so that's definitely not your gaming bottleneck. If you are planning to upgrade the rest of your components, then great! My recommendation of DDR3 1333Mhz stays the same :) G.Skill Ripjaws does wonders for how much that kit costs :lol:

Also, using WinXP shouldn't have too much of an effect on your gaming experience.

thecrafter

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012

Do you think this will be a good combo? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231417 and do you think this motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131758 or the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138345
?
and what do you mean by (so that's definitely not your gaming bottleneck)?

lol trying to make my new personal gameing pc just awesome sorry if i am close to just plain stupid ...

would this ram be great for gaming it is a 1333 with a cas latency of 7 instead of 9 is 7 better then 9 in ram terms or is it vice versa?

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory

DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
Timing 7-7-7-21
Cas Latency 7
Voltage 1.5V