Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Using old Cellular One Nokia 5120 with prepaid

Tags:
  • Nokia
  • Phones
Last response: in Brands
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 2:58:24 AM

Hello
I want to use a Nokia 5120 my boss threw out. How do I myself convert
it to use a prepaid service (it had Cellular One; C-One would NOT help
me reconfig it.)

I see prepaid cellular phone cards at Wal-Mart. Are these phone cards
for use with existing accounts only or are they for putting onto a
naked phone?

I tried unlocking it and I think I succeeded. Pardon me for being new
at this.
Thanks
Ken

More about : cellular nokia 5120 prepaid

July 9, 2004 9:52:52 AM

On 8 Jul 2004 22:58:24 -0700, kturnerga66@yahoo.com (KA Turner) wrote:

>I want to use a Nokia 5120 my boss threw out. How do I myself convert
>it to use a prepaid service (it had Cellular One; C-One would NOT help
>me reconfig it.)
>
>I see prepaid cellular phone cards at Wal-Mart. Are these phone cards
>for use with existing accounts only or are they for putting onto a
>naked phone?

The problem you may face is that to be enabled on a network often the
ESN has to be in the company that you wish to use database. Often if
the ESN isn't in their database they may refuse to activate your phone
on their network. Companies that perhaps may activate your phone are
CallPlus or Justalk (through phoneshark.com.)

>I tried unlocking it and I think I succeeded. Pardon me for being new

What did you unlock?
remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply