Mouse Wheel Scrolling with Fractional Line Increments?

Hi. I was wondering wheter there is any chance to adjust standard
windows scrolling to less than one line at a time.

Since smooth scrolling [a.k.a jerky, or chaotic, scrolling :(] is
unusable on todays machines [see also KB156439], and since nowadays
there is such thing as mouse wheel acceleration, I'd like to scroll by
smaller increments, like fractions of a line, or by a number of pixels
at a time.

Any chance to get there with some brute hexadecimal hack or the like?

David.P

Make sure you install the latest video adapter drivers and
use a precision mouse with the latest mouse software.

Example:

PilotMouse Optical (800 DPI)
http://www.kensington.com/html/4005.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Make sure you install the latest video adapter drivers and
> use a precision mouse with the latest mouse software.
>
> Example:
>
> PilotMouse Optical (800 DPI)
> http://www.kensington.com/html/4005.html

Thanks. I have the intense impression that your answer has nothing
to do whatsoever with the original question - where a hack enabling
*systemwide fractional line scrolling* was asked for.

[BTW, I use the most precise hardware available already - and am not
planning any changes]

Regards, David.P

PS: If anyone wants to have a look at *subpixel* scrolling for
camparison purpose, check out ICE Book Reader Pro.