gamerboy555

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
hi guyz...
i plan on building a new rig,till now i have never assebled a pc...its always been the entire package from hp or dell...
i plan on building a mid level gaming machine...

my budget is a max of 500-600$ for the cpu,mobo and graphics card
what i have in mind to do :

-non OC processor an i5 2400 or 2500(or should i go for ivy bridge)
-a good MOBO which has support for ivy bridge and support for OC processors(just in case i upgrade to an OC processor in future)
-a good graphics card(550 ti in mind)

-the cooling system,ram,cabinets,fans,hard disk,optical drives...i will figure that out...

processor,mobo and graphics is a real comsfusing issue...

i would happy to any other config. in mind also...
also suggest whether i should go for amd/intel and ati/nvidia...
i believe ASUS is one of the best in MOBOS!

i have week to order all the stuff....
another imp. question is there a diff. in processor performance if a non OC processor i run on a MOBO supporting OC...

sorry for all the queries...this is the first time i am assembling....hope i create a good rig
with ur help..
thanks in advance

Avaruz

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Where do you order from?

The 2400 and 2500 are great CPUs if you are on a budget and want to spend more on a GPU.

You should probably not waste money on a motherboard that has features that you may or may not take advantage of in the future.

You should be able to afford a better GPU, but it really depends on prices where you buy.

gamerboy555

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
i order from flipkart and i can save a few buck cutting off on the MOBO

what i have in mind now:

1) ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard(if u can suggest a cheaper non OC and good MOBO with ivy bride support,nothing like it)

2) i5 2500 or i5 3450 (almost costs the same)(should i switch over to ivy bridge or stick with 2500)

3 ) ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 6850 or HD7770 (same price) or ASUS nvidia geforce GTX 550ti..

if i can cut a few bucks on the MOBO i can focus on the GPU more...

4) Corsair CX 500 psu if 500 watts is not enough then may be the CX 600

5) Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler CPU FAN

6) Cooler Master XtraFlo Cooler CABINET FAN 120mm

7) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB x 2

8) Cooler Master Elite 311 Mid Tower Cabinet,first though of a ELITE 430 but it is not that necessary

9) Asus DRW-24B3ST Internal Optical Drive

10) Already have a seagate 1TB external and two 500 GB internal...so enough storage for now...once HD prices go down i may think about it..

If u could suggest any cost cutting or modifications so that i can focus more on the gpu it will be helpful....
also wanted know whether larger gpus on this processor can cause any bottleneck issues?

thanks in advance...

Avaruz

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Drop the CPU cooler, and go for the 3450. Stock cooler will do fine as you do not overclock. The 3450 uses less power, and even with its lower clocks tends to perform slightly better.

gamerboy555

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

presently in chennai for work but am a resident of delhi,nehru place is fine in delhi,i would prefer getting it done in delhi but my MOBOs busted twice in the last week and i hate using laptops...so couldnt find cheap dealers in chennai so had to opt for flipkart...any suggestions u have bro?

gamerboy555

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

thnx for clearing it out...this was one question that was killing me whether the stock cooler should do any good....this saves a good 2000 bucks....any suggestions for the gpu for say 10-12000 bucks..