GPU Help Will it Bottleneck?

I would like to put a graphics card in my PC to be able to play games like Team Fortress 2, Microsoft Flight, APB Reloaded, and other Steam games all with good framrates and higher settings. I realize that the power supply is small so would that need an upgrade?

Motherboard: MSI MS 7548 AM2+

CPU: AMD Pheonom X4 9550

RAM: 6GB DDR2 800 MHz

PSU: 300W
6 answers Last reply
More about bottleneck
  1. fallingrock95 said:
    I would like to put a graphics card in my PC to be able to play games like Team Fortress 2, Microsoft Flight, APB Reloaded, and other Steam games all with good framrates and higher settings. I realize that the power supply is small so would that need an upgrade?

Motherboard: MSI MS 7548 AM2+

CPU: AMD Pheonom X4 9550

RAM: 6GB DDR2 800 MHz

PSU: 300W

Your phenom is an older model that is not a good performer , and it also wont overclock well .

It may be possible to improve gaming performance with a graphics card , but you will be limited to cheaper less powerful models.
    Something like a Radeon 6770 might work , but you would need to change the psu to a 450 watt unit

What is the resolution of your monitor ?
  2. The resolution of my moniter is 1680 x 1050. This is really just a 1 or 2 year thing until I upgrade to a newer computer.
  3. HIS H677F1GD Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

or

HIS H679F1GD Radeon HD 6790 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
  4. the 6790 is more powerful , and it will let you turn game details up a little more
  5. You could get a Radeon HD7750, and you would not have to change the power supply to support the card because of its low power usage.
  6. Is there a brand that uses less power?
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Systems