Dell 365 Bluetooth Adapter

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

Yes, to both questions. It is a Dell 365 BT Adapter installed in a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Win 7. I have installed WIDCOMM software for this combination. I am assuming that because I cannot see it in D&P it will fail to pair with my BT devices.

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

BT Adapter plus lots of other BT related bits & pieces are installed with WIDCOMM and can be seen in Device Manager. On my mobile phone I get asked to match passkeys on LAPTOP 'nnnnnn'. I say yes to this, but it never connects.

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

Yes, that's the one. I tried a few others, just in case, but ended back at the beginning with this one. I even tried BlueSoleil to no avail.

It must be something in Win 7 that it does not like. I loaded Ubuntu from a USB stick and the 365 and my mobile paired like old mates in seconds.

This is one to crack, it is setting me mad!

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

I would like to see my bluetooth adapter in the devices and printers area.... why don't I?

If I have the laptop up & running for a few hours, like now, I lose the bluetooth icon in the system tray and all the installed bluetooth items in device manager disappear, leaving a couple of USB human interface devices with no driver loaded. What is going on here?

On my mobile phone I still see LAPTOP, but with a '?'. If I reload the system all the BT stuff re-installs successfully, still cannot connect anything.

Don't stay up all night!!! Chat tomorrow.

Regards

Gerard

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

I have reseated the BT adapter on the motherboard. I removed everything and anything to do with bluetooth in Windows 7. I reinstalled R228749 and get the same results. Everything appears to be good in Device Manager, but there is no BT in D&P it will not pair with my BT devices.

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

Like me, have you run out of ideas???

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

Time for a re-think on your personal quote..."Never let....."

It's very rare that I give up on PC problems, but I'm getting close this time. My next move may be to send the adapter back and ask for it to be tested, although I don't really believe it is a hardware fault.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Has Dell offered any help? As you know, this should be a minor thing to fix and it has been anything but that....

The fact that Ubuntu sees the adapter just fine indicates a software issue. Since you have done all of the typical driver "adjustments" and reloaded the Dell app, the problem may indeed lie elsewhere. Like with your Win 7 install itself.

Do you have any other BT devices that you have tried to conenct to your system? If so, were you successful?

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

Previously I had one of the £1.50, or what ever, external devices that worked reasonably well. In the end it stopped working and when I removed from the USB slot it the heat from the device would have burnt your hand. I tried it on an older laptop with XP and it also started to cook - filed it under bin.

I have tried to connect a handheld PC and an o2 bluetooth earpiece with similar results.

So yes, I have had a blue tooth device working inder my current configuration. I was hoping that a Dell internal device would be a breeze. Ha! Ha!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Did you completely remove the drivers of these other devices before you installed the Dell adapter? There is definitely a software conflict here. Now it is a matter of finding it. A nice, clean re-install of Win 7 would certainly find it....

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

To the best of my knowledge I removed all the previous drivers. Ah! A complete re-install is a daunting task, but it is not something I can consider as I do not have the Win 7 CD.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Does your Inspiron have a recovery partition? If so, you can restore to its "factory fresh" state.

You can also go into Device Manager. Select view. Select Show Hidden Devices. Look for your old BT devices. If present, Uninstall them. If asked to remove drivers, say yes.

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

I give up - the computer wins.................

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It really sounds like time for a clean install. Since you don't have a Dell OEM Win 7 DVD, you should check with a friend to see if you can borrow one. Otherwise, you can always buy a new license. This really does sound like a wonky OS install (from the previous drivers and their changes/removal). It happens.

Good luck!

gcon60

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
:bounce: HURRAY! :bounce:

After faffing around for several months with no success I gave up........

I recently went back to trying again last week and came across this solution, and not for the first time.

Hello,
I recently had the same problem with my fathers Inspirons 1545 bluetooth driver.
Well, what I did worked. It'll probably work with you too.
Get your Resource DVD (with the original drivers). When the Resource program opens, select Windows XP 64 and install the bluetooth driver (Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module Rev: A04).
Hope sucess.

I had ignored this in the past. For one, I do not have the resource DVD, and secondly I didn't really believe that going down the Win XP route would work. WRONG!

I downloaded Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module Rev A04 and installed it successfully. This was followed by the success of being able to use my Dell 365 adapter and pair it with several other bluetooth devices. Who would have believed it?

Isn't Dell wonderful???????

bnorma01

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
This worked for ma a well. I had even tried a different type of Bluetooth adapter (intel) which also did not work. Then I installed the Windows XP x64 driver from the Dell OEM disk and all is fine. I had previously installed the Windows 7 x64 from the Dell disk and that did not work. I had even read the same article but missed the fact that the resolution was to install the XP drivers on a 7 machine. My Dell 1545 can once again talk bluetooth.