Chillingcold

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
So I bought a lot of parts to ramp up my current PC which resulted in just building a new one. With my Cousin who works in a tech related job we built it up and installed Windows XP professional, Which I then took home and installed all the drivers...

About a week after that I downloaded Shogun 2: Total war ( which took 1 1/2 days because of my crappy internet), proceeded to play. Monitor blacked out around 5mins in and wouldn't display anything, Even when I rebooted it. ( but it works on this old PC)

Now when ever I turn it on it starts up, there's the beep, but the GPU fan runs at max speed and there's no display. I've looked for possible shorts to the mobo ( to the best of my knowledge of things it could be like loose screws) , But I've noticed something while doing that which is the GPU fan only runs at max speed when I plug in the DVI to VGA adapter the card came with. Could anyone help me out with this?

OS - Windows XP Professional
Mobo - ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3
CPU - Intel Celeron G530 Sandy Bridge 2.4GHz
RAM - Kingston 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 -- 2 Sticks
GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 2GB
PSU - Thermaltake Smart SP-530P 530W
HardDisk - 250GB

The case is from my Cousin whose friend was making a server with it , It's a old Antec SX1030 with three 80mm case fans...

For people that post stuff about clearing the CMOS, checking my PSU and testing my RAM. I don't think I need to because without the DVI adapter it starts normally and I get the windows starting up tune on my headphones.