Radeon Hd 6850 dual monitors

pdizzle

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Hi everybody my name is Preston. And well recently I've been looking at upgrading monitors. I'm going to get the Asus VH236H 23" Monitor. And the HP 2310e. Both of these monitors are 1920x1080 resolution. And my question is can my single Radeon HD 6850 handle those in dual monitor configuration? oh and while your here Can you tell me if those monitors are decent are they worth my money or should I look at something else? I'm gonna be playing BF3 in maybe high mode not ultra.... because my 6850 will only get 20 fps in ultra. That's the max I would stress this whole configuration BF3 in ultra. Ohh this has nothing related but I've been struggling to find a good gaming mouse for 40ish $ Could you suggest me one? I already have the Saitek Eclipse II keyboard so set on the keyboard :) (i like the brand Razer and Logitech and maybe Gigabyte).

On a side note I might not get the Hp or the Asus vice versa i might just get one monitor and get the other later.

Thank you one and all the HD 6850 is Sapphire if that helps.

randomkid

Distinguished

First, when you say dual monitor, do you mean (a) playing a game on 1 monitor & having the other one to look at for something else like browsing, etc? Or (b) do you mean setup Eyefinity across 2 screens game on it?
The answer to both cases is YES depending. For your sapphire 6850, its very easy because both monitors can be connected via DVI.
But 2 monitors are not good for Eyefinity because the Bezels will be right across at the center of the game screen. And the screen may (if your lucky ) or may not appear continuous because they are different models.

2 1080p monitors will not slow down the HD6850 if your gaming only on 1 monitor. Only issue that you may run across is if your only gaming on 1 monitor, and the other is displaying just desktop stuff like a web browser, It will use more Vram, So you may not be able to run BF3 on High on just 1gb at 1080p, you should be able to at 30fps, Might have to mix some settings. I can't tell ya for sure since I don't own a HD6850. I have a HD5850 and run BF3 on ultra at 720p (Lower res don't bother me to much), and my fps can dip pretty low at times to around 50, The HD5850 is only a lil bit faster than the HD6850.

Eyefinity it will kill your FPS. and probably would want to run the game on low to be playable. But The way it sounds, I don't think your tring to run Eyefinity, unless im wrong?

The monitor should be a good choice. And a mouse under $40. Hmm Idk, Look at some of the logitech, Don't buy a $5 mouse tho, you will regret it for gaming, lol

pdizzle

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
:eek: :eek: :sol: :sol: :sol: :sleep: :love: :love: :love: :fou: :fou: :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :lol: :whistle: :whistle: :??: :hello: ;) ;) :ange: :D :sweat: :lol: :heink: :fou: :cry: :pt1cable: boss. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Anyways now that were done with that. Let's get down to business. Alright so he Radeon hD 6850 can support 2 monitors in dual configuration if the monitors are 1920x1080. Further more My graph9cs are decent for BF3. My PSU is a corsair CX430. my surrounding hawrdware is is a Asus M4A87TD evo and 4gb of G-skill ripjaws ram wirh 250gb sata hard drive.