EVGA GeForce GT 520 Not Recognizing Any Monitors

chronotope

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Hello,

I upgraded my system to CPU AMD|4-CORE FX-4170 4.2G and MB ASUS|M5A97 970 AM3+ SB950 R, and continued to use my EVGA Geforce GT 520. However, after installing the new hardware, my card won't recognize any monitor! I hooked it up to my HP 2009M monitor, which I have used for 3years, and also to my TV via HDMI input, both said that there was "No Source Signal" or "Input."

I'm at a loss at what to do, I checked the mounting, the RAM sticks are fine, and I even reset the CMOS. NOTHING has worked! Does anyone else have any advice? I've spent hours trouble shooting and literally nothing has worked- I even turned off sleep mode on the monitor and flipped the cable.

Thanks.

two issues it could be..one the ram you have is not on the mb qual list...system may come on with no video and red ram led.
the second the fx-4100 wont run on the board till bios 813 per cpu support list. you may have a board with the first bios still on it. do you know someone that has a cpu that you can toss into it and flash the bios or a local shop that can help??

chronotope

Honorable
May 9, 2012

The RAM is within the recommended specs, and I don't have any hardware available to me. I saw that the majority of people bought this cpu and mobo in combination without any problems.