Sign in with
Your question

A novice question

Last response: in CPUs
November 10, 2012 6:54:10 PM

Hello, I have an Asus P8 Z77-V LE motherboard that is intended for an Intel CPU. Is there an Asus Quad core CPU that will work or am I stuck with using an Intel? I'm building a dedicated music production server and was told that the Asus CPU is more stable? Thanks

More about : novice question

a c 186 à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b å Intel
November 10, 2012 6:55:31 PM

ASUS doesn't make CPU's.

Intel does.

They probably mean ASUS computers that run Intel CPU's.
m
l
November 17, 2012 10:00:19 AM

I realized my mistake after I sent the question. I meant to say AMD. The motherboard manual doesn't list other CPU's. I'll stick to the original plan of using the Intel i7 . I suppose it's mostly about funds and trying to get up and running. I've been using a 3year old laptop to create Electronic music and it chokes after I max it easily. I can work around the problem by bouncing tracks but the time factor is eating me. :-) Thanks for your reply and sorry for the brain glitch :pt1cable: 
m
l
Related resources
a c 186 à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b å Intel
November 17, 2012 9:21:38 PM

Quad core I7 for music is beautiful.

m
l
November 28, 2012 9:54:33 AM

:-) Yes. Thank you. I do plan to use the Quad core I7 and from what I understand I won't even need to overclock. It will just work. My ultimate plan is to also go SSD and for starters use 2 HD's with one 128gb SSD. I was told that is enough? I will have a ton of room as I'm putting this together piece by piece in a rack mount server case that I plan to mount in a roll around 10 space rack with a Furman power conditioner, an external midi interface (mic and instrument input) and other gear to also use live.
One of my pevs is the internet. I plan to use this laptop to go on the net and get files etc. My build will not go on the net. What is your opinion on that idea? I just figure that once it's up and running it will serve my purpose as a dedicated music production computer. I have lost data on this pc and am paranoid of it happening again. Cheers and thank you for your help so far...
m
l
December 5, 2012 1:54:13 AM

Not quite sure but its not enough to keep from bouncing tracks etc. A three year old HP w an AMD Athlon Neo 64. Up to now it has been very reliable and a little work horse. It will get used for the net and downloading files etc. General computing...
m
l
!