Avermedia Live Gamer HD Capture Card & HDMI Audio

mrwaffles

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
Sorry to post this here, but you guys are more active than the official Avermedia forums, so I am hoping you can help. In addition to not being able to directly connect to Twitch.tv through Avermedia's RECentral application, my sound quality on the Live Gamer HD is not very good. I'm using a 3.5 jack audio cable from my sound card out to the sound input on the Live Gamer. Now, I figure maybe if I can get the sound to go through the HDMI cable it won't be as terrible.

My AMD 6870 has the ability to pass HDMI audio out, like if you were to hook the PC up to a TV. The problem is, that when the HDMI cable is connected to the back of the Live Gamer HD, the PC doesn't recognize an HDMI Audio compliant device on the other side. In my sound properties on Windows 7 it shows the HDMI audio out but it is greyed out as not connected.

Is there a way to brute force the HDMI audio to pass through or do I need to wait for a driver update for the Live Gamer? Does this statement even make any sense?

I'll send a picture of my audio settings when I get home from work today.

<EDIT> Oh yeah I should have been more specific. I did try to set the Live Gamer capture settings to HDMI audio, but I got no sound. When I set the Live Gamer HD to HDMI audio in as the source, the PC still did not recognize a HDMI compliant device on the other end and thus never would activate the the HDMI audio out in the play back devices settings on Windows.

hungshengsu

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Hi, which monitor did you use to connect to pass through of Live Gamer HD? If the monitor connected to pass through is used by DVI to HDMI connector, Live Gamer HD will be treated as DVI device so that it did not open audio device.

May 13, 2012

Hi, Thanks for your mention of this issue. AVerMedia will release new firmware to enable HDMI audio directly, even the passthrough is connected to DVI Monitor. We hope this update can make this function be more feasible for all users.