getbacktosrinu

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Which is better b/t Nvidia 540M vs Nvidia 630M vs AMD 7670M?

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a laptop which can play games.
But Alienware and other high end gaming laptops are out of my budget.

I am thinking of any of these 3 laptops with the following graphic cards:

1. Lenovo Y570 - GT 540M (1GB GDDR5)
2. Sony VAIO E - 7670M (1GB DD3)
3. HP DV4 5009TX - GT 630M (2GB DDR3)

All of them have the same processor and specs: Intel 2450M (2.5GHZ) 6 GB DDR3 RAM

Will the GDDR5 of the 540 be better than the 7670 and 630?

Also will the 2GB 630 perform any better than the 1GB's of the 540 and 7670?

Solution
The 630m and the 540m are basically the same cards. Performance wise all three will be more or less on par with each other. For me the DDR5 is a nice bonus for that card and would put it on my top list. The 2gb is nice...but you won't be using 1gb really with those laptops, your game settings won't be high enough to make much, if any, use of the extra ram.

However what I would look at first are the following: Price difference and keyboard/touchpad.

If the price is more or less the same and you're able to type a bit on the keyboards and get some use with the touchpad then go with the one that feels the most comfortable.

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
The 630m and the 540m are basically the same cards. Performance wise all three will be more or less on par with each other. For me the DDR5 is a nice bonus for that card and would put it on my top list. The 2gb is nice...but you won't be using 1gb really with those laptops, your game settings won't be high enough to make much, if any, use of the extra ram.

However what I would look at first are the following: Price difference and keyboard/touchpad.

If the price is more or less the same and you're able to type a bit on the keyboards and get some use with the touchpad then go with the one that feels the most comfortable.

Solution