Any gd monitor

G

Monitor
==============
Price = about $800-1,200
Monitor's size = 17' (15' is still OK, but 17' is preferred)
Resolution = 1,024*768 (using) (1280*1,024 or + is preferred for unexpected need)

Which is better (arrange their order from the best to the worst):

--Topcon
--Proview
--MAG
--Hyundai
--ViewSonic
--Daewoo
--CTX
etc.

AEboy128

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
I'll do my best but here goes:

Sony
Viewsonic
MAG
Daewoo
CTX
IIyama
Hyundai
Proview
Topcon - never heard of them so dunno where they should go

My system: <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=8946" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=8946</A>

Mavicator

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
I don't have that much experience with most of those but I
ve had excellent results from Iiyama and Viewsonic. I use an Iiyama Vision Master Pro 450 19" on my main machine, and after 3-4 years it still looks very good. I run a ViewSonic PF790 19" on my second machine and it's the best value I've ever come across. Nearly the quality of my $800 Iiyama. I also have an Iiyama LCD but its a couple years old so the technology isn't there anymore.

-- Ah sh*t! sys64738 --

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Proviews sucks a big one!!!
From your list, either go with viewsonic of mag.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

G

Thx a lot for your help.
Actually, as I said, I do not mind much about the version quality. So what I care most is the long-lasting ability and cheaper price.

Again, thx for your advice.

G

ic... thx

BTW, I couldn't mention "Proview" is so poor in people's views.

G

Needless to say, Sony is the best in this list.
But would anyone hear about the following brand:

-- NEC
-- EIZO
-- Mitsubishi

What I heard is some people NEC or EIZO more since for their cheaper price and more or less equal quality.

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
I have an Optiquest 19" v95. very good monitor.
I suggest you get at least a 19" monitor...you will be glad you did. I also suggest you read reviews on monitors. You can start with PCWorld or Windows Mag sites.

:smile: <font color=green>I wonder...what is the speed of gravity!<font color=green> :smile: