Sign in with
Your question

Amd A8 5600k with Card Graphics

Last response: in CPUs
November 11, 2012 12:22:35 AM

Hello, Would you guys recommend me to buy this processor ( Amd A85600k ) with a gtx 650 1 gb with 4gb ram. Or could i get more performance with the same price of the processor with another normal cpu that is not apu?
November 11, 2012 1:19:03 AM

Thats a tough one. The CPU was decent when released but now that just won't compare to any newer ones, its old technology man.
Look at i3s. If you want to dish out a tiny bit more you could get an i3 3220 that would play most games for about £20 more! You also need a new motherboard and obviously new graphics card.
Now it seems like you're on a tight budget so AMD cards would be best, try a HD 7770 or HD 6850 as they will work pretty good and are cheap.
Also, are you upgrading or just getting a new PC?
m
l
a c 471 à CPUs
a c 118 À AMD
November 11, 2012 4:00:06 PM

I would go with a "normal CPU" if you are not using a Radeon HD 7670 (Re-badged HD 6670). AMD's APUs do not quite have the processing power of the Phenoms or FX series. Using anything faster than a Radeon HD 7670 or any nVidia card defeats the best feature of AMD's APUs which is the ability to do hybrid Crossfire to provide better graphics performance.
m
l
Related resources
November 18, 2012 11:37:41 PM

calumconroy said:
Thats a tough one. The CPU was decent when released but now that just won't compare to any newer ones, its old technology man.
Look at i3s. If you want to dish out a tiny bit more you could get an i3 3220 that would play most games for about £20 more! You also need a new motherboard and obviously new graphics card.
Now it seems like you're on a tight budget so AMD cards would be best, try a HD 7770 or HD 6850 as they will work pretty good and are cheap.
Also, are you upgrading or just getting a new PC?

Im getting a new pc but just want to offer so i can rent it here in my comunity. If it was for me and for me to have fun with than id go with the best i can get my hands on hehehehe, Im also thinking on getting rather an fx 6100, ive recently found good prices with this procesor. Almost the same price as the a85600k. what you guys think ???
m
l
a c 307 à CPUs
a c 124 À AMD
November 19, 2012 1:03:37 AM

As long as you are planning on adding a discrete card, there's no sense in getting an APU. The APUs are a great little chip for low cost systems that won't be adding a discrete graphic card. But they won't be as capable when trying to drive a mid/high end card.
I bought one to experiment with and learned that they are mostly a niche product. Btw, the tiny stock cooler that comes with the A10-5800K is a joke. It can't even cool the CPU/GPU at stock speeds decently. And when it is really cranking, it is n-o-i-s-y! And if you add a discrete card to the system, it will most likely work the APU hard enough to over heat it with the stock cooler. Mine did.
m
l
November 19, 2012 1:28:55 AM

clutchc said:
As long as you are planning on adding a discrete card, there's no sense in getting an APU. The APUs are a great little chip for low cost systems that won't be adding a discrete graphic card. But they won't be as capable when trying to drive a mid/high end card.
I bought one to experiment with and learned that they are mostly a niche product. Btw, the tiny stock cooler that comes with the A10-5800K is a joke. It can't even cool the CPU/GPU at stock speeds decently. And when it is really cranking, it is n-o-i-s-y! And if you add a discrete card to the system, it will most likely work the APU hard enough to over heat it with the stock cooler. Mine did.

Yeah thats true so i gues you helped me out alot i mind as well go with the fx 6100 and the gtx 650 together and just rely on the video that this card brings....

m
l
a b à CPUs
November 19, 2012 1:38:29 AM

A-10's can drive mid range cards, high ranges cards are better off with better CPU's though.
The card you are getting can be driven by that CPU relatively fine I think. At a higher resolution, Like 1600 1024 or something.

Clutchc might be right about the stock cooler. But I'm sure the A-8 can stay within operational temps with it's stock cooler, $20-40 worth of a better cooler would be a good choice for any CPU for longevities sake though. I would go with piledriver 6300 but that is more expensive.

The temps of your comp depends on a lot of things, like ambient temperature and how the hot air is dissipated in your case and what not.
m
l
November 26, 2012 3:04:11 AM

Best answer selected by ozrino42.
m
l
!