Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Radeon 7850 Brands

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 9, 2012 5:45:04 PM

Hey all,
I'm looking into the 7850 and I'm just wondering about the brands that have cards in my price range. Just wondering which one you would go with and the reasons why. Thanks

XFX Double D FX-785A-CDFC Radeon HD 7850

VisionTek 900505 Radeon HD 7850

HIS H785F2G2M Radeon HD 7850

More about : radeon 7850 brands

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2012 5:59:00 PM

wolflive said:
Hey all,
I'm looking into the 7850 and I'm just wondering about the brands that have cards in my price range. Just wondering which one you would go with and the reasons why. Thanks

XFX Double D FX-785A-CDFC Radeon HD 7850

VisionTek 900505 Radeon HD 7850

HIS H785F2G2M Radeon HD 7850

I would suggest the Sapphire 7850 as from multiple reviews it seems to be the best balance of cool and quiet using the Dual-X cooler. However out of your choices I would suggest the XFX if you have a case with good ventilation (Goes for the Sapphire aswell). If you have a smaller case I would go with either the HIS as it is $10 less than the visiontek as they exhaust out the back of the case.
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2012 6:00:21 PM

This forum is full of Sapphire 7850 problems, I would seriously recommend NOT buying a Sapphire.

I would personally choose the XFX due to the transferable lifetime warranty and previous experience with the brand.

They all exhaust out the back of the case by the way.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2012 6:32:55 PM

geekapproved said:
This forum is full of Sapphire 7850 problems, I would seriously recommend NOT buying a Sapphire.

I would personally choose the XFX due to the transferable lifetime warranty and previous experience with the brand.

There do seem to be a couple problems at the moment but most of them seem to be about driver issues which can easily be fixed. Aside from that being an open air coolers wouldn't the sapphire card and xfx cards exhaust some inside the case? This could matter in a smaller case.
m
l
a c 143 U Graphics card
May 9, 2012 7:04:57 PM

geekapproved said:

Don't justify your love to a specific brand in the sake of other brand. If you're claiming that a lot of Sapphire cards have problems here please give some links...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2012 7:56:22 PM

I to would suggest Sapphire. I have 5 generations of Sapphire cards and all are still working in PC's.
m
l
a c 143 U Graphics card
May 9, 2012 8:11:19 PM

I've been using their products since X1900 and never had an issue, Also, MSI, Asus are great too. My exclusion to the cards linked by the Op is that XFX were good in the past but they lost reliability and covered it with lifetime warranty. Visiontek and Diamond use some low quality low material and are more reference design cards. HIS is great really never experienced a problem with them, but their products doesn't look good to me.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2012 10:44:57 PM

You must be confused. I said Sapphire 7850, i said nothing about your X1900 or any other card that you have owned nor bryon's 5 generations. Please pay attention to the conversation if your going to pipe in.

I'm not going to go back and find every post I've seen about crashing Sapphire 7850's, but there's been at least 5 in the last 10 day's.

I told this guy to return his for a different brand and he said his new MSI 7850 works great, so, I don't know man. Sorry I got your panties in a wad, but the guys ask for MY opinion, and he got it.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/352487-33-radeon-7850...

Sapphire has a crappy 2yr warranty, which is enough to make me buy a XFX alone, even it costs a little more. I guess there's a reason Newegg is no longer selling Sapphire 7850's, they were probably pulled from the shelf due to returns.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 9, 2012 11:52:05 PM

the asus and the msi vrsins are pretty nice. the only thing i dont like about the asus directcu2 7850 is that the cooler exends way beyond the actual pcb as the cooler was ment for bigger cards. the msi ones look good and have good overclocking. i also heard that the xfx is a good choice too
m
l
May 10, 2012 8:09:47 AM

Best answer selected by wolflive.
m
l
!