stop modem from automatically answering a call

March 4, 2005 12:06:13 AM

I am running Windows XP home and using dial up networking to access the
internet with a 56.4 V.92 modem. How do I set it up so it won't auto-answer
an incoming call? When I have the computer on with the modem not connected
to the internet (or anywhere else) and someone wants to call on the
telephone, I pick up the receiver and hear the modem trying to answer the
call. I need to find the setting to deactivate this.
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 7:24:42 AM

go to the control panel and then double click the printers and faxes icon.
Right click on the FAX icon in there and choose PROPERTIES.
Go to the DEVICES tab and press the properties button.
I think that there are the settings you want

news:o P6S$6FIFHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

!