Gaming Build - Need Suggestions to Save $$

BladesGlory

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
I've put together a build, and need suggestions to replace parts in order to save around $100 - $150. As of right now the build looks like this: http://secure.newegg.ca/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=19638265 . However, I want to keep the case even though there are cheaper ones that can save a lot of money.

Approximate Purchase Date: In a few hours

Budget Range: Around $1100 before shipping, and other charges.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.ca

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Additional Comments: I have all of my parts: http://secure.newegg.ca/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=19638265 . Just need suggestions to replace parts in order to save around $150

macgreen

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
You could try the XFX Core Edition PRO550W PSU. It's $75, and is a 550w supply. Could be a way to save some cash. Was the motherboard and the CPU in a combo? That could help as well, to find a motherboard that is combo'd with the CPU.

BladesGlory

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

What would be the best combo while still having a good motherboard? Right now both the CPU and mbod are separate and add to $349.98. Can you help me find a combo that can save on that while still having a good mbod? :)

macgreen

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
I'd say the case- there's always the HAF 912 ($60 is a good deal for that one). But, you said you like the one you've already got listed, so I'll skip that. Let's see. Could downgrade from a 1TB HDD, or maybe cheaper keyboard & mouse. Could wait for the graphics card to go down in price/on sale- the onboard graphics in the CPU should be good for a little while at least (I'm doing the same thing with my build, though mine's definitely cheaper, overall, compared to yours). Other than that... Hm.

Can't really think of anything, except maybe the monitor. But I wouldn't want to give that one up.

BladesGlory

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

Yeah I want to keep the case and monitor for sure! I'll try to find a cheaper mouse/keyboard or maybe get them in a combo :)