Solved

I3 3220 crossfire

I was wondering if an i3 3220 can support x2 7750s in xfire. I know an i5 would be the better path but right now i am on a budget so i'd rather go the i3 route. Also, I understand the fx 4170 is on par with the i3, but id like to keep my power consumption low. Thanks for the help.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3220 crossfire
  1. it should, i mean a 7750 in cf is no more better than a 7850 in performance, and that i3 can handle a 7850 perfectly fine.
  2. it may not be the best solution but it will work.
  3. Best answer
    You should never start out crossfiring 2 low end cards. You're just asking for microstutter and other crossfire issues for no reason. Just get a 7850. You get a free copy of Farcry 3, the same performance, less issues, and more memory for the same price

You can even get a 7850 1GB if you are really low on cash
  4. You will not be bottlenecking your graphic cards.

True the i5 would be better for games, but since most games only use 2 cores, then the i3 would be just fine.
  5. unksol said:
    You should never start out crossfiring 2 low end cards. You're just asking for microstutter and other crossfire issues for no reason. Just get a 7850. You get a free copy of Farcry 3, the same performance, less issues, and more memory for the same price

if op learns how to use radeonpro, the stuttering will not be an issue.
  6. better get a single 7850 then 7750 cf as others have pointed out its not a good idea to cf two cheaper cards .
  7. unksol said:

Thanks for the advice. I think I will just get a 7850 and later, if i feel the need to, upgrade to an i5. Thanks for the help guys.
  8. Best answer selected by jrizzz.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Crossfire