First pc build for gaming

Longfire

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
well im finally upgrading my pentium 4 desktop with a over clocked gtx 260 after all these years lol. kinda impressed that it actually run alot of todays games after all these years but yea its finally time for an upgrade and I decided to build my own desktop since its cheaper and everyone recommended it. btw keep in mind that I don't want to run games like bf3 for instance in ultra or high settings but medium since I'm used to low now so are these parts overkill for that?

Here is what I was thinking of getting

http://i47.tinypic.com/14n08hy.jpg

I chose to find a cheaper case since thats what my friends in it advised me to do and said that the nzxt phantom case was a great case and much cheaper and the also said that if i wasn't gonna OC which i wont for now that liquid cooling is too much too. so im going to change these and buy a oc2 agility 3 120 gb ssd instead since i already have a 1tb hdd and a 750w psu. They also said that 16 gb is too much for gaming too and that now most games only use 8gb. Also whats the difference between the asus p8z77 pro and deluxe and some of the others as I'm new to motherboards?

Oh and i already have a 64bit os, monitor, keyboard, hdd, mouse and keyboard so I don't need any of these and it would be nice if it was $800 or less as I'm not looking for very high end graphics and speed I just want to be able to run today's games at medium video setting without freezing. The main reason I'm building this is for planetside 2 which isnt out yet but is close to the beta :p.

Longfire

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
most of the forums i read say that amd have bad graphic cards because of their driver and bad fans not sure if its bias or true but its what ive read everywhere

Longfire

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
sorry for the double post but should i get the sabertooth z77 instead since its cheaper has most of the same features and has a thermal armor system where the case is covered and has fans that are place inside for better air flow system and than spend more money on an amd gfx card?

Longfire

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
is 3-4 gb on my graphics card too much is im not going to play on ultra or do 3d stuff? decided to up my specs so it was more future proof and would stay with me for a few years (3-4) before needing an upgrade
Heres what i got but yea my question is about the video card and do you think the fans that come with the case and h80 would be enough to cool the mid tower i picked?
http://i46.tinypic.com/2qbf4mp.png