Kodak DX7590 battery questions

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 7, 2005 11:54:27 AM

Hello, all,

If this is not the appropriate newsgroup to ask these questions of, I
hope you'll re-direct me.

If it is, I have some questions about the Kodak DX 7590 camera I bought
recently. First of all, is it a clunker and I just can't tell. This
is my first digital camera, and I don't know how to judge it. I paid
$400 before tax for the camera and a 1700 lithium-ion battery and a
docking station (but no charger as specified in the list of contents).

(1) When I plug in the camera directly to the supplied power cord, it
seems to work fine when the battery is completely dead. Does
connecting the supplied power cord with transformer to the camera's "DC
IN 5V" port cause the battery to charge?

(2) Is it necessary or desirable to exhaust the battery before
re-charging it?

(3) Where else online can I learn more about the Kodak DX 7590 camera?

Thanks.

--JohnnyG
http://barelybad.com
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 1:03:33 PM

I don't like it.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 1:03:37 PM

I don't like it.
August 7, 2005 1:03:38 PM

I don't like it.
August 7, 2005 8:02:49 PM

<barelybad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, all,
>
> If this is not the appropriate newsgroup to ask these questions of, I
> hope you'll re-direct me.
>
> If it is, I have some questions about the Kodak DX 7590 camera I bought
> recently. First of all, is it a clunker and I just can't tell. This
> is my first digital camera, and I don't know how to judge it. I paid
> $400 before tax for the camera and a 1700 lithium-ion battery and a
> docking station (but no charger as specified in the list of contents).
>
> (1) When I plug in the camera directly to the supplied power cord, it
> seems to work fine when the battery is completely dead. Does
> connecting the supplied power cord with transformer to the camera's "DC
> IN 5V" port cause the battery to charge?

No

> (2) Is it necessary or desirable to exhaust the battery before
> re-charging it?

No

> (3) Where else online can I learn more about the Kodak DX 7590 camera?

Did you read the owners manual? The answers to your questions and many more
are in there. If you don't have a manual it is on Kodaks website at
www.kodak.com
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 11:18:57 PM

<barelybad@hotmail.com> wrote in message

[snip]

You could try Kodak or ask in the Kodak forum at www.dpreview.com

--PS
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 2:21:43 AM

In article <1123426467.517770.113470@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
barelybad@hotmail.com says...

>Hello, all,
>
>If this is not the appropriate newsgroup to ask these questions of, I
>hope you'll re-direct me.
>
>If it is, I have some questions about the Kodak DX 7590 camera I bought
>recently. First of all, is it a clunker and I just can't tell. This
>is my first digital camera, and I don't know how to judge it. I paid
>$400 before tax for the camera and a 1700 lithium-ion battery and a
>docking station (but no charger as specified in the list of contents).

Your box contained a charger. It doesnt have a power cord, it plugs
directly into the wall with folding prongs. See page numbered "1" of
the manual, under "Getting Started". Some Kodak docking stations are
also battery chargers.

>(1) When I plug in the camera directly to the supplied power cord, it
>seems to work fine when the battery is completely dead. Does
>connecting the supplied power cord with transformer to the camera's "DC
>IN 5V" port cause the battery to charge?

I think not, that is what your charger is for.

>(2) Is it necessary or desirable to exhaust the battery before
>re-charging it?

no, and no.

>(3) Where else online can I learn more about the Kodak DX 7590 camera?

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/products/ekn0296...
10/3905/3921/3061

There is a manual and a tutorial online there.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 5:50:38 PM

Greetings Barely,

Actually, you got a pretty good deal, the 1700 mAH battery is worth at least
$25 or more. The camera will not charge unless you have it docked on a
Printer Dock or Camera Dock. The technology actiavates when this is done.
It will charge the battery by use of the power supply. There are features
in some chargers that will deplete the battery then rebuild the charge. They
work quite well. If you purchased the camera as a bundle from a retailer
then chances are that you have a charger of one kind or another.

http://www.kodak.com/go/takegreatpictures

http://www.kodak.com/go/dx7590

You can go to the following URLs to get details on the camera and access to
our picture taking content. There is a lot there for you that will help you
get good pictures. Give them a try, Barely, I am here as well if you need
any direct help.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

!