I5 3570 (non K) with Intel H61?

G

I am aware I won't be able to overclock with these two and I have no plans for overclocking. Will these 2 work together fine and when I get the parts, would there be anything I need to do? thanks

socialfox

Distinguished
There may be a chance you will get a board that has a newer bios firmware. If you don't then you need an alternate CPU that works (sandy bridge) and update the bios. Anyways your good to go, no overclocking and SLI/Crossfire is justifiable for a H61 chipset.

G

Would there be any other way of doing it because I haven't got a sandy bridge processor. Also, what would happen if I get a one that's not updated. Would the PC not work at all?

socialfox

Distinguished
It would most likely fail to post, anyways I hear you can just send the motherboard back to the manufacturer and they will send you a new updated one, might have to pay shipping. Anyways another way is to take it to a shop and get the bios updated, costs depends on the store but updating the bios is only 5 minutes of work and nothing complicated on your part.

G

Is there anyway I will be able to update the BIOS myself without going out to a technician or buying a sandy bridge one??

socialfox

Distinguished
Not that I know of. I am sure the technician wont charge you an unreasonable amount as it requires very little work as possible. If you do know any friends with experience of updating bios I am sure they will do it for free.